Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surfing ebay and this beauty caught my eye with one of my regular sellers I have bought from.

The pipes are in good condition and with proper restoration will look really epic. The top of the bulldog have been brutally topped and would require some work on it. The stems look overbuffed and may not be flush after the restoration. Stems have the E logo for Ehrlich and also the RMM monogram. Perhaps custom set for a client? I have no idea but would like your help in deciphering the monogram.
What do you guys think?
reeiMBG.jpg

lZL6s5b.jpg

cwehfxy.jpg

UzbqaLF.jpg

wrFgq55.jpg

wLQP0k0.jpg

O6MXPp3.jpg

JRdn4Zg.jpg

KcNSXsC.jpg

yaNkrtc.jpg

TMg4wNI.jpg

7mGU7yQ.jpg

Cheers,

Chris :puffpipe:

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I saw them on there, been on for a good month. I think they are a nice restoration set indeed. Especially with the box they will look great.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Very cool set! I think you're right about the monogram being custom for a buyer. Oddly though, I like the looks of the bowl tops the way they are. I guess because they are not totally charred but look to have been kept clean for the most part, and appear to just have a used patina. But then, I suppose I'm a little odd too... :wink:

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
That set will clean up very well without much effort. Try rubbing some strong black coffee around the rim area. That might reduce or entirely eliminate the build up. A number of applications may be necessary. It looks like someone has scraped that area to clean it up. I second Cosmic's caution about the stems. Saving the monograms is important. They make the set unique. Nice find. Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.