PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
While at a local antique mall I came across a selection of over 80 Edwards estate pipes priced from $12 to $35. So far I have purchased two and after cleaning, reaming, treating and smoking them I can't wait to buy a few dozen more. These were all bought in the Denver area Edwards Pipes and tobacco. I will post pics later. I also found two nice pipe stands for $10 a piece.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I believe they were machine made, I could be wrong, but they are a piece of American pipe history and are good smokers the old Cajun PS I defer to herbindave the resident expert, I am what they call a pert, HaHa

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I have 11 Edwards pipes; an Edwards Skipper series bent billiard was my first tobacco house pipe in 1981. I bought one on EBay the other day. They are good, serviceable pipes, usually unstained,and get their patina from being smoked, except for the Dakota series which were stained dark brown. I like the Skippers with the wavy carving around the bowl. I think the bowls were turned in France, but I could be wrong about that. I also have a freehand, which I believe was carved at their factory in Florida. They are still available through Edwards retailers, BTW, and there are several online.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I have to add that the gentleman who is selling these has over 200 pipes in his collection, he gave up pipe smoking when his wife quit cigarettes (ah the sacrifices we make for the love of a woman), because of this I will be making several trips in to see what he has for sale. (His display case will not hold all of the pipes at one time.
I also have my eye on a nice meer he has. Hoping it is still there next payday.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
So here are the pictures
My first pipe rack

PipeRacksmall.jpg

Edward's (Great Smoker)

Edwards1small.jpg

Edward's (Good Smoker)

Edwards2small.jpg

Vintage Missouri Meerschaum (have no idea it if is all that vintage)

CornCobSmall.jpg

Medico VFG (Nice Smoker)

MedicoSmall.jpg

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Don't mean to hijack this thread but I have a question about Edwards pipes. I won an EBay auction a few weeks ago with 8 Edwards pipes in it and with at least 6 or 7 other pipes in it, one of which is a handmade Randy Wiley. Considering that I paid around $80 bucks for the lot, I thought that I had scored heavily when I realized that it was a Wiley but now I'm going to clean up the Edwards and thank my lucky stars again. All of the Edwards pipes are sporting lucite stems except the square panel billiard (very different shape, with raised vertical edges at each corner) which has a squared shank and squared vulcanite stem. When I can borrow my friend's time and camera (a pro photographer), will post before and after pics. Should I polish the bowls and wax them? Or just re-oil them after cleaning?

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I use paragon on the smooth and haylon for the rusticated it is made especially for pipes for hand buffing, very good product, can be bought online, by the way I have 2 Edwards and love them the old cajun

Status
Not open for further replies.