Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in 1.5 oz Tins!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Great news! The Sutliff rep called me and said, due to the response about EGR from this thread and a couple of others I posted on other pipe sites, they are going to make a 1.5 oz. tin version of EGR! By seeing people's reactions here, I convinced them to do more with the blend. I'm very excited because this means people who want to try it can without making a decent financial risk. And increases the chances of the brand staying around so your truly will always have it to smoke! Isn't that an amazing turn of events?

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Awesome!! Dropping almost $50 w/shipping was concerning. But I will definitely get a tin now!! Did he say when they would be available?
Great work BTW jiminks!!! :worship:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Rickpal14: No time table on when EGR will be available in the 1.5 oz tins. When I find out, I'll sure spread the word. What will help is people supporting the idea and saying so on this thread and the other EGR one as well. This will help insure the blend stays around.
I'm impressed that Sutliff is so willing to work with the consumers. It's a great thing for us.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Kashmir: I'm smoking EGR as I type this. Thank you for the kind words.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
Great work! I will definitely try a tin once it is available.
Best,

Joe

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Thanks fellas. I also suggest using this link as well as commenting on these threads to let the company know you're willing to buy EGR in the 1.5 oz tins.
http://www.sutliff-tobacco.com/
And use the Sutliff Contact Page to voice your opinion.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I just got a newsletter from SmokingPipes.com. As of today, they are carrying EGR and Heinie's Blend. Looks like somebody's reading the threads or that sales rep talked to them.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/Edward_G_Robinson/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=125514

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
I can't find mention of EGR on their website. I hope they fix this omission soon.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Btw, I heard from a Sutliff rep that his e-mail box exploded because of all the requests for EGR in the smaller tins! This is consumer power at its finest! Keep it going! They are reading and paying attention to the e-mails and threads on this forum.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Sent a request for a sample of EGR yesterday, told them I was a pipes mag forum member and was interested in trying it, this morning an e-mail is in asking for my address, attention to business in the first order.

Status
Not open for further replies.