PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Lane has the recipe for Edgeworth Ready Rubbed, but not the naming rights. You can pre-order it here: http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/90858/lane-limited-ready-rubbed/

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
We will have Romeowood's review published on the home page early Monday morning. It's already done and set for auto-publishing.
I've already smoked it myself, and love it, and I'm not usually a fan of burley blends, but this one is great.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
My understanding is that the new Edgeworth Ready Rubbed is made on the same equipment as the original. Is that correct?

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I am looking forward to the return. Having the old blend under a new name is far preferable to having the old name but a different blend.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
An open letter to Mr. Leonard Wortzel of Scandinavian Tobacco Group, Lane Limited:
Dear Mr. Wortzel:
I want to publicly thank you for listening to those of us who were clamoring for the return to the market of the former Edgeworth Ready-Rubbed pipe-tobacco. I understand that it will now be called Lane Limited Ready-Rubbed. As Mr. Shakespeare once wrote, "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet...," and so may it be with this new/old blend!
I was originally introduced to ERR by the late sporting author Gene Hill, who for 20-some-odd-years wrote the "Hill Country" column for "Field & Stream" magazine. Mr. Hill, a life-long pipe-smoker, loved ERR and recommended it to me, as he thought that I would love it as well. He was correct! Accordingly, you can imagine my despair when it was discontinued. Your action brings back to life for me a tried and true old friend, and I do appreciate it.
Best Regards,
HunterTRW

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Edgeworth was my father's only blend and he smoked a great deal of it. I would love to try it but NOT 14 ounces worth! Will a smaller quantity, bult or tin, be available in the future?

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Hurrrummp!
Btw, Hunter you mean to tell me you knew Gene Hill?! That's amazing and from a time when that magazine was at the too of its game.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Spencer - there's a good chance 4noggins will offer this blend in 2 Oz bags as they do with the other otc tubs.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
I'm looking forward to trying it and comparing it to the significantly cheaper Sutliff match...which I like quite a bit.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Now lets hope Leonard Wortzel and Co. are in the process of acquiring the equipment for the Sliced Version.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
It's now Medal of Valor because another company is now using Medal of Honor as a cigar brand.
Russ

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Russ:
Thank-you for the explanation, as I was unaware of the name-change. I have in my cellar an unopened two-ounce tin of Medal of Honor, and may break it out on Memorial Day weekend in honor of our service men and women.

Status
Not open for further replies.