PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I have never heard of them. Could you post a link to one of their items?

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
You have to do an advanced search on ebay and then search using the "Items by Seller" search field.
I don't have any personal experience with this seller. From what I can see he has 100% positive feedback with over 800 sales. He has no neutral or negative feedback.
I'm not all that familiar with the typical pipe brands he sells so his items don't normally come up in any of my standard searches. It looks like he has some nice pipes in the $20 to $40 range. Take this one for example. It's a great flame-grain briar pipe for $36 from a company called "ROPP".

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
They're from France and seem to have a lot of French pipes as well as Dunhill. The prices on the Dunhills are not bad, but shipping from France could be expensive and I, personally, am extremely careful with sellers outside of US. I've gotten burned a couple of times with very little recourse. Let us know how it is if you do buy from them.

graydawn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2014
Thanks, my thoughts exactly. Only the Dunhills interested me, but again, no history with this seller and shipping might be an issue.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I am with edgreen on this one. I sometimes buy from Canadian sellers, but I have thus far avoided sellers outside of North America.

fishfly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2014
Dubuque, Iowa
edgreen: "They're from France and seem to have a lot of French pipes as well as Dunhill. The prices on the Dunhills are not bad, but shipping from France could be expensive and I, personally, am extremely careful with sellers outside of US. I've gotten burned a couple of times with very little recourse. Let us know how it is if you do buy from them."
My e-bay shipping quote is about $8. That's a bit high, but I've had U. S. shippers want almost that much. Usually overseas shipping is much higher.
Is E-bay/Paypal protection different for foreign sellers?
I ask, because I too have avoided non-U. S. sellers, but with no real evidence I should do so.

homewaters

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2014
I bought this little gem of a pipe 2 years ago from the seller. It is a French made Jeantet Super Olympic. It was brand new when I bought it and paid 5 euros for it! One of my best smokers! No issues at all and shipping was fast (although I am in Canada, so not used to "speed-of-light" inexpensive shipping like you guys have in the US).
image-600x398.jpg

xrundog

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
Pics and descriptions are good. The pipes look like they have been treated well. $8 for shipping is good. I have received every pipe I've ordered from Europe though it took a while to get them. If this seller had something I wanted, I'd feel good about bidding.

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
Shipping domestically in the US would still be in the $6~7 territory typically, Priority Mail and insured, so an $8 quote seems alright here. If the seller has a solid track record on eBay, then maybe it's worth a gamble. I have done a great deal of international purchases over the last decade, and fortunately, no problems save the usual random broken item. All personal experience, and of course YMMV. Do let us know if you go after any of those pipes though, and if the deal works out alright, yes?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Yep, shipping a pipe First Class/Priority with shipping anywhere in the US is $6.

I looked at their auctions in the past. Some pipes seem a little overreamed and stem junctions rounded a bit, but they may have been rec'd that way. The BIN prices seem reasonable for the condition.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
I recently purchased an estate pipe from Bruno and everything was smooth... questions addressed immediately and promptly shipped, with a sock included (which was a nice touch, the pipe wouldn't have come with one new...). So thanks again Bruno!

Anecdotal, but I've purchased pipes and pipe related items from overseas a few times via Ebay without issue, save longer waiting times and higher shipping cost. YMMV...

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Hello,
First, I apologize for any mistakes, my English is not perfect.
Brunon
Your English is just fine; in fact, much better than many of the folks I meet where I work.
Welcome to the forum!

haebar

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2014
East Tennessee
I have gotten some of my best pipe deals from European sellers. No need to be cautious, Ebay guarantees that you will receive what you ordered or you will get your money back. It might take a while to get a refund but they do back up what they say.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Another reason why this forum is such a great asset to the pipe community. Good call in making a thread and double checking the seller to prevent a possible ebay scammer, of which there have been plenty. And much respect to you, brunon, for joining up and clearing the air to reassure the OP as well as many others of your honest business operation. In the end, everyone benefits and both buyer and seller are better off because of it. Good stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.