PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
5 pages of those annoying Ukrainian Pipes. I don't have enough time in the day to scour through the pipe bids ending soonest if they keep loading up this crap. 100's of the same stupid pipes.
sorry about the rant.

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
Mike, I was wondering if there was a way. I'll try that. Although sometimes there are good listing outside of the US. I've bought a couple from England.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Using a Mac with the old version of "GarageBuy" (a free ebay app) solved all my eBay estate auctioning problems forever. I've set up the program with about 50 tailored searches to go and find me all those nice shiny estate pipes I'm usually interested in :)

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Ha! I thought I was the only one being driven crazy by that. I've yet to really delve into ebay's advanced search features (assuming they have them). Might be time to try.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
It's a bit more time consuming, but you'll have much better luck if you try searching by brand names. You'll need to know what you're wanting to look for, of course, but it eliminates this kind of static. And if you save your searches, all you'll have to do is click your way through the list in order to see what's available at a given moment.
Bob

May 31, 2012
If you change the format to "auction only" it filters out alotta the crap, but sometimes there's a great buy-it-now deal that might be missed...
...my favorite browsing tool is this, you can see how many watchers are looking too, for instance the Eltang snail has 89 watchers at the moment --- pipes with fewer watchers usually make the odds better for getting a good deal...

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/tobacciana/pipes/auctions?sort=most-watched

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
You can enter your search terms as follows:
+pipes -ukraine
or minus any other factor you want to be eliminated from your search. You can include multiple plus and minus terms to refine the search. But the terms you specify must be included in the seller's title and/or description.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
You can enter your search terms as follows:
+pipes -ukraine
or minus any other factor you want to be eliminated from your search. You can include multiple plus and minus terms to refine the search. But the terms you specify must be included in the seller's title and/or description.
Thanks for the tip 4dot - I will have to try that next time.
..my favorite browsing tool is this, you can see how many watchers are looking too, for instance the Eltang snail has 89 watchers at the moment --- pipes with fewer watchers usually make the odds better for getting a good deal...

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/tobacciana/pipes/auctions?sort=most-watched
Excellent link - thanks for sharing it.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
Well, it turns out that my suggestion to eliminate "Ukraine" from search terms doesn't work so well, as the seller has very cleverly put the word "Ukraine" in the caption to his photo, rather than in the title or description. Same with "China." I guess they're on to me. :x

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
very cleverly put the word "Ukraine" in the caption to his photo, rather than in the title or description. Same with "China." I guess they're on to me
Aww - the tricky $#%%&@!

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
Hahaha, I was just saying the same thing to myself this morning. I wonder how many they actually sell? And who buys them?

Status
Not open for further replies.