PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarpipeboiler

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2012
Louisville
Just solidified my n00b collection with three more = six total.
Bjarne Freehand, Bjarne Viking Classic, Savinelli Hercules, and....
Bjarne #6 Freehand Sitter...
ry%3D400

Barontini Rossa...
1-4.jpg

Hilson Avanti Largo Freehand...
1-3.jpg

The tops of the bowls are all perfect. To my surprise, the Bjarne ended up being the least expensive.
The guy selling has a few more for sale. All starting at ~$25, and my auctions only went slightly higher. Great deals IMO. Ebay name = kongsdad. Check em out.
I get such a rush Ebaying. It's like a drug! Happy.
Here are my other three;
Bjarne Freehand...
1.jpg

Sav Hercules 619EX...
1-1.jpg

Bjarne Viking...
1-2.jpg

All EBay. :worship:

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
I like the Hilson Avanti Largo, it's a nice shape.
Congrats on the ebay winnings. Don't get too addicted now.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
As I collect Hilsons, especially the pre-acquisition ones, I had my eye on it as well. I let it go since I already have bought too much this month. For $29 you did good on that one. I'm not quite sure whether it is a pre-1980 or not. When you get it, see if it has any markings on it that say "Belgium", "Made in Belgium" or "Holland". If it says nothing at all or "Holland" it's probably post 1980.
Nice grab !

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I have a love/hate relationship with ebay. I love it cause you can find awesome stuff and get great deals. Ihate it because it causes me to spend more money then I would without it

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
That Bjarne Viking has some pretty sick grain on it.
Would like to see what the other side looks like.

briarpipeboiler

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2012
Louisville
Thanks very much, all.
The other side of the Viking is a little more plain than the side in the pic, but still very nice grain.
As I collect Hilsons, especially the pre-acquisition ones, I had my eye on it as well. I let it go since I already have bought too much this month. For $29 you did good on that one. I'm not quite sure whether it is a pre-1980 or not. When you get it, see if it has any markings on it that say "Belgium", "Made in Belgium" or "Holland". If it says nothing at all or "Holland" it's probably post 1980.
Nice grab !
Thanks a lot. Good to know it was a good deal. That was the last of the three and I hesitated a little, but decided to go for it at the last minute.
I will let you know what markings it has.
:puffy:

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
I wouldn't call that a newbie collection at all, looks like some great stuff

briarpipeboiler

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2012
Louisville
Nice grab !
Welp, they came in. Great shipping from this guy. Put in mail yesterday > arrived couple hrs ago. I don't know how as it was standard USPS shipping from CA, but oh well. Happy.
First, in regards to above quote ^^^^; it has nothing about Holland or Belgium. Just 'Hilson Avanti' on one side, 'Largo 223' on the other. Nothing else. Does that tell you anything?? It is also a little darker than it looks in the pic. A more red/brown kindof like the Bjarne Sitter.
Second, this guy smoked some crazy aromatic in this Hilson. My God. Smells like flowers/incense/air freshener. No clue what it is, but I hate it. Going to have to smoke out this 'Ghost' with my local places "Gold-n-Black" blend.
Puffing on the Barontini Rossa right now as I shined up the other two and am letting them sit. This one is pretty much brand new.
Thanks again, all.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Second, this guy smoked some crazy aromatic in this Hilson. My God. Smells like flowers/incense/air freshener. No clue what it is, but I hate it. Going to have to smoke out this 'Ghost' with my local places "Gold-n-Black" blend.
I dont know what that blend is, but I have been told several time that Prince Albert is a good pipe 'cleanser' I didnt believe it untill I got a crazy stinky pipe. Smoked 11(?) bowls out of itand I couldnt detect anything, so you may want to give it a try.

briarpipeboiler

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2012
Louisville
BTW - this Bjarne Sitter smokes like a dream.
Love the angle, love the weight (light for it's size/length), love the ability to sit it down.
Already lovin' this pipe.
:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.