PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
A Pedigree products box set. I dont know much about it. I dont think its one of the gbd pipes. There are no markings. The pipe is pretty though and the price was right. I think the stem and cigarette holder are bakalite but not 100%

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
I do too. Its got some cake build up. I'm wondering if the inside of the bowl is meer. I've got a RBC with the same coloring that has a meer bowl encased in briar. Guess I wont know until i ream it out

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
I wonder if its linked to pedigree dog food. Thats all I seem to find. I wonder if it was a token given for years of service back in the 60s.

xrundog

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
Looks like a pre-colored meerschaum pipe. Stem and holder are probably Bakelite. Are they red?

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
Kind of a reddish brown with a bit of a swirl. Looks like its supposed to mimic amber. Im pretty sure the bowl is briar but it may be meerschaum lined.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I am with xrundog on this one. That my friend is pre-colored meerschaum with bakelite stem. Very nice and should smoke well one the bowl is gently cleaned. Remember to use modeling pipe cleaners on the stem as modern ones can damage the old bakelite stem. Enjoy!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
If it IS a pre colored Meer, as it appears, it's one of the most thoroughly colored I've seen. I wonder what was it's primary fuel?

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
I am with xrundog on this one. That my friend is pre-colored meerschaum with bakelite stem. Very nice and should smoke well one the bowl is gently cleaned. Remember to use modeling pipe cleaners on the stem as modern ones can damage the old bakelite stem. Enjoy!
Thanks I didn't know that about the pipe cleaners. I'm going to clean it out today. Glad I have a few softies left.

Status
Not open for further replies.