PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
With Lawrence's permission I am re posting this with a caveat that this thread is for a discussion of estate dealers I have used or know people have used with great success for pristine pipes. This is not the place to discuss problems you may have had with someone,so please keep those issues off this thread. If anyone wants to add names of people they have used for pristine pipes, that is great, the more the merrier.
http://www.mkelaw-pipes.com/

briarblues.com smokingpipes.com

http://pulversbriar.com/

http://www.twofriendspipes.com/
Ebay dealers I have done business with.

briarblues

ebuyer1932

great-estate-pipes

knobby1041

mrjimmy3773

mwreschke

coopersark, this dealer is mostly for higher end pipes and you really need to know values before you start bidding on his pipes because he does get top dollar in many cases. Once and a while you can get a great deal, but be careful.
These Ebay dealers I have not used but I know many who have and they have been very pleased.

bruyerepipes

before-n-after-pipes
These online dealers I have not used but they do have excellent reputations.

http://www.smokershaven.com/

http://www.vikingclubpipes.com/

http://www.jamesislandpiper.com/

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
Thanks Harris. Maybe this time posters will stay with the intent of the thread.
eBay - Valitchka, DWpipes, TWest pipes
On-line - The Pipe Parlor, Smokingpipes.com
I have had very good experiences with all of the above.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
The Pipe Rack - good to deal with

Marty Pulvers - Pulvers Prior Briar - great to deal with

Gary Malmberg - secondhandsmokes

Rodrigo Garza - treasure pipes
I have personaly bought from all the above and would do again, without hesitation and have recommended them to friends and clients.
I haven't dealt with The Pipe Rack, but the other are great.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Leaving the subject of contention out of this thread and focusing on "pristine" i.e. unbox, load up and smoke condition estates ( with the addition of an alcohol-soaked pipe cleaner through the stem .... but that's just me, I do that on brand new pipes picked up from the B&M ), I can vouch for SP ( even with the 9 mm Sav that was not listed as a 9 mm but it came with the adaptor anyway ), Dave Neeb and Marty Pulvers.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
For a pipe that is ready to smoke when you get it, there are none better than Briar Blues. Mike Glukkler does a great job. Ditto Marty Pulvers. Regarding cleaned and ready to smoke estate pipes on eBay, Chance Whittamore at great-estate-pipes is a terrific refurbisher and his offerings are always top-shelf. And, if he has made any alterations to the pipe while cleaning it up he always mentions it in his listings. Ditto Rodrigo Garza with treasure pipes. And Mr. Can (Tony Soderman), also offers nicely cleaned estate pieces. It's tough answering a thread like this because we are blessed with so many reputable folks who deal in estate pipes. I know I've left out many very worthy considerations, but the above came quickly to my old mind.
Best,
Steve Fallon (Pipestud)

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
Steve, I bought a pipe from you that was damn near pristine only took a few minutes to get it there. I'd have no reservations ordering from you again.

pjhicks

Lurker
Nov 16, 2010
Marty Pulvers, smokingpipes.com and Mike at Briarblues are my mainstays for estate pipes that are pristine or very near to pristine. Heck, many many moons ago you could layaway pipes from smokingpipes.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
And I sure appreciated your business, mustanggt. Thanks pardner!
Pipestud
Mr. Fallon once sold me a turd! Actually,he listed a pipe he called a "Turd Pipe", and it did look like something the neighbors dog left in the yard. I bid on it for shots and giggles and won it for something like $7.00.

Took it to my family reunion and put it in the "White Elephant" sale we have to raise money for the reunion and it brought $20.00 !

Remember that one Steve?

BTW- Pipestud is a great seller.

Some others,who sell most cheaper pipes are Irish Lefty.Pipes By Whitney,Johnnywranger,asmith,banjobob,colwright and others.

Their pipes may not be "pristine" but they are great to deal with.

john218

May 5, 2012
Connecticut
I bought a pipe from Chance Whittamore at great estate pipes that couldn't be more pristine.
I bought a pipe from Jason Bard at Bards Vintage Briar that was very nicely refurbished. Has anybody else had any experience with pipes from him?

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
+1 for pipestud, 3 and counting, one of my go to sellers everyweek....
I'd like to hit coopersark but the $ get too high.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Mr. Fallon once sold me a turd! Actually,he listed a pipe he called a "Turd Pipe", and it did look like something the neighbors dog left in the yard. I bid on it for shots and giggles and won it for something like $7.00.

Took it to my family reunion and put it in the "White Elephant" sale we have to raise money for the reunion and it brought $20.00 !

Remember that one Steve?

BTW- Pipestud is a great seller.
Thanks for bring that up again ejames. I always wanted to be known as a seller of bargain turd pipes. (-;
+1 for pipestud, 3 and counting, one of my go to sellers every week....
Howdy martiniman, and I sure do appreciate all the business. It's keeping meat in my beans!
Best,
Pipestud

ebuyer32

Lurker
Oct 23, 2013
Thanks for the endorsement. Overwhelming majority of the pipes I sell on Ebay come from the fellow club members and people I know. As someone who also buys estate pipes for his own collection, I think that it might be useful to know the source you are buying the pipe from. At any rate, thanks to all of you, who have bought pipes from me. All other sellers whose names are mentioned in this forum are very good in what they do and I would recommend them as well.
Hank Saatchi

"Ebuyer1932"

Status
Not open for further replies.