PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
I don't know how many of you are gun-toters or hunters, but the old Glock case that was sitting empty in the closet makes a wonderful, protective carrying case for pipes. Even if you aren't a gun owner, you can purchase pistol cases like this at Walmart or any sporting goods store. Obviously, you don't want to leave it lying around, as thieves will assume it's a gun. Works really well, though.
image6-600x450.jpg

image7-450x600.jpg

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Nice combination...guns and pipes..,who could ask for more...I have done the same Ranger...then recent switched to a padded pelican case that I could customize to hold pipes and tins....

lyle

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Des Moines, IA, USA
I do the same. I don't own any guns, but the case was cheap and very handy.
A bonus tip: if the foam is not fixed to the shell, you can tuck lighters, pipe cleaners, and other less delicate things "behind" the foam. It makes room for more pipes.

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
When I travel I take a durable pipe that I wont mind losing and one tin of tobacco. I would only take more if I was moving somewhere permanently. That being said, I love Glocks and the Glock case idea is awesome :mrgreen:

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
I too use a gun case when travelling on my bike. Fits easy in the saddlebags without worrying about loose stems or other damage.

apiperisdown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2014
Great idea ranger I have a couple of Colt cases that I bet would hold a churchwarden.
shorty, well that one is bordering on some kind of obsession....which is precisely why I joined this forum. :D

Very nice.

branzig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2014
I feel like such an amateur...I just throw the pipe in my pocket and the tobacco in a baggy! :lol:

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
Shorty that thing reminds me of Hunter's briefcase jn Fear and Loathing. Thats pretty awesome.

shortyeastcoast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2013
Thanks, fellas. It was just a cheapo $20 case from Harbor "Fright."
Fun little quicky project.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Anyone who has ever seen a group of high school boys' eyes light up with a feverish glow hanging over

the glass case in a gun shop has to wonder about the strong allure a pistol case would have for anyone

smitten with firearms and not equally braced with scruples. Just something to consider. If you use pistol

cases as pipe carriers, keep them out of sight, in your car or with your luggage.

shortyeastcoast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2013
@murf it came in the case!
The exact model isn't on harborfreight.com anymore, but it's darn close to this one:
http://www.harborfreight.com/18-x-12-34-x-6-Aluminum-Case-69318.html

oldmannk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2014
I agree guns & pipes what more could you want. Great idea and nice looking cases. Thinking about doing the same. Have several pistol case just hanging around.

kokopiper

Lurker
Feb 4, 2014
I agree with trailboss - I used to use a pistol case I got at Cabela's for like $5, but then I got so many strange looks I decided to opt for something more discrete.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
thanks, shorty! I actually found that case, didn't know the foam came with it. I see a new purchase in my future...

Status
Not open for further replies.