PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deuce26

Can't Leave
Jan 29, 2014
Slidell, Louisiana
Happy Easter Mates. I just finished hiding the kids Easter Baskets. Also, we play a game with our dyed eggs we call egg war where we hold the eggs and knock the ends into the other persons egg. The person who survives without a crack moves on to face another, until there is an ultimate winner.
What are your Easter Traditions?

Mar 1, 2014
Up until 2010 Easter meant helping with a volunteer run Passion play at the Jubilee Auditorium in Edmonton.

Since my aunt has a sheep farm, for the first 15 years of my life I got to run around dressed like a shepherd boy in full stage makeup holding a lamb in front of 2,000 people. Eventually I moved up to guarding the temple and helping crucify Jesus.

It was a stretching experience, long hours under hot lights, memorising where to be at any given moment over the course of a three hour performance, and being forced to listen to all the corny jokes of the lead actors during practice.

Ahhh, good times.

Sep 18, 2015
After dinner we have an egg toss, you face off with your opponent, roughly 10' apart, (underhand toss only) toss a raw egg to the other player who tosses it back, provided both players actually caught the egg take a step back and repeat until someone misses.

cajunplume

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2011
We boil crawfish and drink beer. We knock the eggs together also but we call it pock eggs.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I pull out the Easter pipe and load it with some aged Waccamaw Flake and then, usually, go to work ... where I am now. :)
pm-p174217.png

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
On Easter my folks would stage an Easter egg hunt. They also provided me with an Easter basket filled with goodies. I was the 4th in a family of four boys and one girl. Brother #3 would jump me, steal my basket, and grab all the malted milk balls. Brothers #s 1 and 2 would then kick the shit out of him. Family tradition.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
I like to exercise me constitunal right to a fry and a pint of porter before I head out ta fight de auld enemy.

cajunplume

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2011
@ deuce
Sorry for the delayed response but we were in Sunset. Its North of Lafayette. I live in Carencro which is also north of Lafayette.

Status
Not open for further replies.