PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratt787

Lurker
Dec 7, 2015
Bought some EITC officers club cause it was on sale. Gotta say as far as I'm concerned if you like rum then this is gonna be up your alley. Fair warning, it's wet, I mean the paper in the tin is soaked. The smell you get right out of the tin is almost overwhelming, strong and distinct. I give it around 20 minutes to dry out right out of the Tin when I first got it and it smoked clean and straight through. I was supposed for how wet it was it didn't go out on me. I have since jarred it and it has smoked great. The post smoke smell it left in my mustache left me sitting there with a great reminder of how tastes this tobacco was. The flavored I got while smoking were the obvious rum, followed up with some Vhinella and then molasses.
Welcome to the Forum! Fixed thread title, please see rule number 9. Pertinent portion: Please capitalize words in the thread titles. Thank you, Robert.

mig19

Might Stick Around
Feb 25, 2016
One of my favorites, and it gets great reviews from family when I smoke it.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Haven't tried it yet, but love the 'stache note rum blends leave. May have to pick some up!

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I have tried the other two, but not Officers Club. I guess I'll have to try it now....
What I like to do with the East India tobaccos is mix them with some Black Frigate, or Blockade Runner when I want a little lighter sweeter smoke but still want the strong flavors of these. (sorry Duane, I know this seems like heresy). Of the two I've tried, I like Cellar Reserve the best, so I'll have to see how the Officers Club compares when I get it.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
I bought some of the Cellar Reserve but have been looking at the Officer's Club. Your review only adds to my TAD. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
+1 with Michael Mirza! Cellar Reserve is scrumptious! An aro with a peek of perique! Makes me want to try Officer's Club and the other one as well! (Sorry... can't remember it's name at the moment. Another goldang senior moment... again...) Where was I?

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
About a month ago, I ordered the Rum Punch sampler tins from EITC. It included Cellar Reserve, Officer's Club, and Royal Challenge. I was made aware of this great tobacco when I received the Cellar Reserve in my Tobacco of the Month from P&C. I have tried all of them except Royal Challenge. I would highly recommend them if you like the rum soaked tobacco!
Cheers,

Jared

Status
Not open for further replies.