PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
As I sat reading through the threads on this site this morning suddenly everything began to shake tremendously. I was sure our building was about to collapse. Yes it was an earthquake, 7 degrees to be exact. Although there was considerable damage throughout the city, there are no injuries or deaths as yet reported.
I scared the livin' daylights out of me.
After I was sure everyone was okay, I lit up a well deserved bowl just to calm my nerves.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Glad things are good on your end. I read it was a pretty good one felt across a number of states.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I'm glad that you, and everyone else is OK. But the real question is, how will this effect the supply of Stonehaven? :puffpipe:

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
I think if I'd been in your shoes, that bowl would've been smoked up in about 60 seconds, just from adrenalin. Glad to hear you're alright.

salmonfisher

Can't Leave
Feb 12, 2014
Sure has been some weird weather patterns across the world lately...
Glad all is well with you!

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Shit, glad you're okay. Oddly enough an earthquake occurred in beautiful England this morning, a very rare occurrence indeed. I can't help but wonder if they're related.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Thanks all for you're kind words. I guess it's part and parcel of living down here. As for an earthquake in England, yeah that does sound kinda wierd. If they're related only a geologist would know for sure.
Thanks again.

kanaia

Feb 3, 2013
Sure has been a lot of earth movement recently. Goracle will blame it on climate change.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Salmonfisher opined
Sure has been some weird weather patterns across the world lately...
Dude, I learn something here every day. And I though earthquakes were geological, not weather.

My take is that the quake was a sympathetic movement of the earth in mourning for Gabriel García Márquez.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Saw this post earlier but didn't get to respond. Glad to hear you're okay DW. Earthquakes are pretty unsettling!

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
As a former BC resident, and with family still living there, it's of equal concern to me.
I'll read up on it motoman, and thanks for the news.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Lots of shifting going on recently it seems like? I guess before I make that assumption I should prob. compare the last couple years to this year - but my perception is we've had a lot of plate shifting this year so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.