PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzlover

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2013
I've always wanted to try Dunhill's Early Morning Pipe but the price always makes me change my mind (eight dollars and change for a measly 1.76 ounces). Are there any less expensive tobaccos out there similar in taste to Early Morning?

Jul 12, 2011
I really enjoy EMP as my first smoke of the day w/espresso and since

they started offering it in bulk, this is how I buy it now. Now I also enjoy

blends like Dunhill Flake, Peterson UF, C&D's Three Friars and Bow-Legged

Bear. Anything with a good dose of Vita-N always works to get my day started.
Now all that said, I find pricing being all about average for high-quality

bacci :)

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
EMP is for sale in bulk now. smokingpipes.com was running a 10% off bulk Dunhill blends this month which is up today and they're currently out of EMP. Cup O Joes has it for just under $60 for a pound.

snewton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2012
UK
$8!!! You don't know you are born mate. I ordered a tin yesterday, 50 Grams, £14 with postage.

That is $21.27 of your American Dollars!!

Buy some tins for me over there would ya

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
If you have a place that is charging you under $9 for a tin of Dunhill, it is a good price - grab it.

drcarlo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
Well, I pay whatever they charge me for EMP. I opened one tin years ago, and I am nor happy if Inrun out of stock.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Seriously tobaccos not getting any cheaper $8-10 is the normal online price for almost any 50g tin of tobacco. In my state a 50g tin goes for $15-20

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
EMP is probably my preferred morning smoke, it's an assault on the senses. It is by no means a mild smoke, I remember trying it when I first started smoking and it was too strong for my liking, now I love it. It is by no means a starter tobacco imo. I find alot of "versions" of EMP such as Mclellands AM pipe are no where close to EMP, an altogether different tobacco. I buy at least 8 ounces of it at a time, and I pay the extra for the dunhill bulk and not a "version" of it, as I haven't found anything that comes close to the real thing.

haroldt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2013
Melbourne, Fl
Just discovered Early Morning Pipe. WOW! Really like it.
Here's a link to Pipe and Cigar that will list Dunhill and others of the same blend.
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/search/?q=early+morning+pipe

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I don't smoke until after dinner, but I don't even want to smell Latakia 1st thing in the morning :) If I were to light up in the AM it would have to be a straight Va.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I've taken to Sutliff's Blend No 5 for a morning smoke, but it could easily turn into an all day smoke. Mind you I don't usually have my first puff until around 10:30am so it's not that early. I've only been smoking Latakia blends for a couple of months now and I'm enjoying them in the cold weather. Dirt cheap at $6.11 per tin or $16 for an 8oz tin.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
My morning pipe is usually something medium strength. For reference, I would consider Irish Flake Strong, and Best Brown Flake mild. My morning smoke is usually Kendal Cream Flake or Ennerdale.

Status
Not open for further replies.