PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
I wish I had more pictures to share. We all met at the local B&M to pass around tobacco, drink coffee, chit chat,and make a few purchases. I bought a tin of Dunhill Flake and a tin of Cabbie's Mixture.
Some of the guys taught this young lady how to smoke a pipe.

mmexport1487436187132.jpg

Picture of my ugly mug checking out a Heding pipe

mmexport1487436109683.jpg

For dinner we went to a pretty high end restaurant to sample oysters from around the world.

mmexport1487436166843.jpg

mmexport1487436154020.jpg

mmexport1487436181835.jpg

A picture of my wife and I enjoying an after dinner smoke

mmexport1487436209433.jpg

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
After dinner we were invited to the restaurants KTV. For those that aren't familiar, KTV is karoke in a private room. This KTV was decked out with a pool table, massage chair, *own bathroon*, leather sofa, and a bar.
IMG_20170218_215702.jpg

mmexport1487436264574.jpg

We normally get to be this luxurious, but for IPSD, we were all willing to splurge a bit.
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day to you all!

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
We had a fun time and I thought it was appropriate to share with everyone. I just noticed after the last picture it should read, "We normally *don't* get to be this luxurious, but..."
Yes! @Flaneuse My wife has tried some of my pipes in the past, but wanted to smoke her own pipe for the occasion. She chose to smoke some Black Magic Woman from Just for Him. Once she lit up, a small crowd encircled her to pinch a sample of the tobacco to sample themselves.
Today is the real IPSD. There is another small pipe group in Chongqing in the district I live(Beibei)that is planning on meeting up for a couple of pipes.
Again, happy IPSD!

drydock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2016
Yum! Looks like a great night out! Makes me wish I had smoking buddies too!

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I won't be topping that IPSD. Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing and getting IPSD started off in such grand fashion. Those oysters look delicious!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Looks like an amazing night. We were doing the same thing when I used to live in Korea. I don't know what they call it in China, but in Korea they were calling those restaurant/bar/pub crawls as rounds. Karaoke was always the 3rd round. Only few could stay until the 5th round. Thanks for the pictures by the way.

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
@drydock Some of my best smoking buddies are converts. Sometimes you can get a cigarette smoking to pick up the pipe instead.
@mothernature I doubt I'll be able top it next year. The oysters were good and all, but the wife and I had to sneek away eventually to eat a meal:D
@jvnshr I don't think I would be able to make it past round 3. My ears start ringing and head starts hurting whenever we go to KTV.
My last photo is from today(Feb. 20). It was ths first time I met these guys. They all live minutes away from me, but never knew they existed. I ran into one of the guys be chance at a local tea shop. We set up a little get together with his pipe smoking buddies. It was nice to meet them. Lots of talking, drinking of tea, and of course lots of pipe smoking.

mmexport1487586212524.jpg

While we were smoking, I recieved a message to pick up a package. One of my friends here(also a forum member) found out that I have never owned/smokes a Peterson. He gifted me one, and it arrived on IPSD! Great guy!

wx_camera_1487587585605.jpg

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Thanks for the info and pictures Kiel. How do you like living in China? It's always good to see people from countries other than one's own sitting around together enjoying a pipe. Next time you get together with any of them tell them hello and welcome from their brothers of the pipe here in the U.S. It's great to see that your wife enjoys a pipe with you. You've got it made brother!

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
That must be a blast making friends and living in China. I lived in Japan for many years when I was younger and loved it. Thanks for Sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.