Tags:   

Early Bird Club

(284 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by metarzan
  • Latest reply from tbradsim1
  1. vaboatbuilder

vaboatbuilder

Login to Send PM

good morning all, you tell like i do morton. I need to be working on the pipe rack today, but we will see. Too much house work to do. I got two estate pipes in yesterday. Both were in worse shape than i thought. I may have to look into having one banded due to a crack, and the other is a merr. with a broken figure on its back. but they were cheep enough to play with.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. sal57

sal57

Login to Send PM

Good morning, a little vischer ferry might make a better start of it.

Smoking a cigareete is like watching tv,Smoking a cigar is like watching a good movie,Smoking a pipe is like reading a great novel.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

seamusjft

Login to Send PM

Morning chaps and chapesses! Not so early for me but when your a single dad and your boy wakes up late you make the most of it
    Normal after feeding ritual - bowl of EMP In my magic inch and a steaming espresso whilst checking the forum out

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. porshcigar

porshcigar

Chicago Pipe Show Honcho

Login to Send PM

Good morning from Chicagoland. Odyssey, in a blasted dublin to start the work week.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. metarzan

metarzan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Morning all. First full week back to work in a while. I could use a bowl of Tambolaka (I hope I can handle it) that was gifted to me and shall soon arrive.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. sal57

sal57

Login to Send PM

Good morning

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. spyder71

Spyder

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good morning all. Sipping on my Grabow Viking(lawsuit)

"I used to cry because I had no shoes. Until I met a man who had no feet"- My favorite and I use it to get by...

Support The Epilepsy Awareness Foundation!
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. metarzan

metarzan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Was gifted some Frog's Cellar. Tried it last night and woke up dreaming about it. Had a half bowl on drive in to work. Stuff is yum!

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. sal57

sal57

Login to Send PM

good morning all,looks like the pipe is going to come in later today again.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. metarzan

metarzan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yah I had a rain delay this morning also...

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. morton

morton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Morning all. Sitting around at work waiting for plumbers. So they can check back pressure valves. Which are pointless in our brewing systems. Because our 20psi system might somehow overcome the city's 40psi system and our neighbors would get beer flowing out their water taps. They should be so lucky. Don't you love it when government bureaucracy gets involved in the real world?

Be careful what you wish for, as you just might get it.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  12. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@morton is there not some kind of RPZ valve your plumber can install to prevent possible problems? Something like is used with "soda fountain" flavor lines in restaurants

The most important things in life are good friends and a good bullpen...not necessarily in that order

You may all go to hell, I'll go to Texas-Davy Crockett
    Posted 1 year ago #
  13. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Morning, tried a bowl of Cellar last night, jury still out, will try it again this am, rain , flooding in SW LA, crappy day, glad I"m retired. The old cajun

The Old Cajun
    Posted 1 year ago #
  14. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

How about a check valve Morton? Worked in chem plant 31.5 yrs. the old cajun

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. morton

morton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@tbradsim1
    @chris

Yeah guys, we've got them, that is what they are checking and have to do so every year to the tune of around $1000. Funny thing is, I've got air breaks and a vent valve which is pressure activated BEFORE the town water line (which is above everything else) so there can be no vacuum, no pressure build and no possible way for anything to get into town water lines. Oh well, its only money, right?

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Installs dont pay the rent, service calls do

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. vaboatbuilder

vaboatbuilder

Login to Send PM

good morning im back o schedule again i think. eyes open at 5 coffee made think ill start with some daybreake. i might need to order some more lol.

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was up at 2:30, at work at 4:30 all to do a few things before the kitchen staff got to work...the superintendant before me took all the drill bits and accessories I need tho...guess I get to do it all again tomorrow.

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ooh, Chris... that's lame.

Just cofee for me this morning, but I'm excited for my pipe coming in the mail today!

Posted 1 year ago #
  20. metarzan

metarzan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Morning all. No smoke for me this AM but the good news is I should have green gills with Tambolaka tomorrow...

Posted 1 year ago #
  21. morton

morton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

At work pretty early myself this morning and only a bagel and coffee so far, no pipe this early for me. Good news is that I converted a little used room in my house into a library/smoking room and just need a desk in there now. Will buy an office desk later today and put it together this weekend and then figure out how to put pictures on here so I can show you guys my smoking room.

Posted 1 year ago #
  22. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good luck, cant wait to see
    I converted my garage about 8 months ago, all was well and had a nice office going untill I mistakenly called it a gameroom one day, now a pingpong table has replaced my desk my poker table got shoved into the corner and my tv has a PS3 hooked to it...but if I want privacy I just have to fire up a cigar

Posted 1 year ago #
  23. gmwolford

Greg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good morning folks! Enjoying a bowl of PS Luxury Twist before getting ready to head off to the eye doctor. I hate going there; after getting my eyes dilated I get a headache and am usually worthless for the rest of the day.

Greg
    Posted 1 year ago #
  24. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Morning,

Reiner long golden flake in my new Radice apple. With coffee!

Off to work..jeans day!

Posted 1 year ago #
  25. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So I did it again, got here 2 hrs ago because my project manager was gonna pick up the accesories I needed and have them on my desk last night. Guess he forgot, oh well who neds sleep anyway right

Posted 1 year ago #
  26. jah76

jah76

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Morning. In at 6, got the crews off at 7, now I'm in my truck sitting in the dark with a bowl of PS LBF and a cup of coffee. Which tastes horrible btw. The coffee. I'll probably drink it anyway.

Posted 1 year ago #
  27. morton

morton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@ jah76 To me, a morning with bad coffee is better than a morning without coffee. And I've had my fair share of bad coffee mornings!

Brewing this morning and thing are going well. Of course, now that I've said that, Murphy's Law will kick in and something will screw up! Got another Storient meer yesterday and I'm going to wax it after work and smoke it tonight. Its the silver military mount straight apple on his website. Bigger than I thought but thats ok, still looks lovely.

Posted 1 year ago #
  28. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Top of the morning to you Morton, wife leaving in AM to stay with Grandkids for a week 165 miles away, Daughter is going to a session to complete her PHD, gonna be lonesome. The old cajun

Posted 1 year ago #
  29. mrenglish

mrenglish

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good luck to your daughter, Cajun!!

I guess its a good morning. I am normally still asleep, usually do not crash until 5 am or so. One of the beagles got me up to go out. Wife had an early day so I said I would feed the dogs for her. It's raining outside. Supposed to hit the low 60's today and the 70's tomorrow. This is after three winter blasts that gave us more snow that all of last winter combined. By Monday its supposed to be back in the 40's with a wintery mix. Gotta love Ohio.

Smoking some St. James Flake in a Peterson Claddagh 106.

Michael
    Posted 1 year ago #
  30. morton

morton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good morning to you, Cajun and you, mrenglish! Very snowy morning here in the Great White North. We got between 10 15 inches yesterday and more coming today. With the wind, it gets pretty nasty out there. Minus 30 with the windchill. Glad I work inside!

Posted 1 year ago #
  31. metarzan

metarzan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Morning all. Been too busy at work lately to keep up with important things, like piping in the morning! All caught up now and started off the day with what is becoming the usual small bowl of Penzance in the Pirate Meer on the drive in. I wasn't ready for that smoke to end and I feel confident their will be a relight on the drive home.

Posted 1 year ago #
  32. morton

morton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Morning all! Got to sleep in this morning and just getting ready to head in to work. Its -14 F outside right now, even the dogs don't want to stay out long. No pipe this morning as usual, I usually don't smoke this early during the week. On the weekends, its another story. Usually start my day with a big bowl of something and keep going from there. Yay weekends!

Posted 1 year ago #
  33. cynyr

cynyr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Grumpf. All my crew off today, so I do inside paperwork and answer the phone. Coffee is on, and I'm packing a bowl of Bull Run.

Posted 1 year ago #
  34. metarzan

metarzan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

No smoke this morning but supposed to be 75 out this afternoon here in north Texas. Received some Tambolaka yesterday but may save it for the weekend and not chance ruining a lovely afternoon.

Posted 1 year ago #
  35. cynyr

cynyr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Dreadful cold yesterday, and probably not much better today! Looks like a good day for PA in a cob... and then off to the range to qualify.

Posted 1 year ago #
  36. porshcigar

porshcigar

Chicago Pipe Show Honcho

Login to Send PM

Up early doing some work for the 2013 Show, smoking Legends in a blasted bent freehand.

Posted 1 year ago #
  37. morton

morton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good morning all! Been at work for a while now and the brew is going well. If it continues to go well, I think a relaxing afternoon smoking in my new smoking room is in the works. I added a cabinet for the tobacco stash and a small desk to library and now am waiting for the pipe cabinet to be finished. Once that's installed, I will have my basement shop/gun room/reloading room back and my pipe stuff won't be scattered all over the house. I must be getting wise in my old age, its small things like this that give me the most pleasure now!

Posted 1 year ago #
  38. metarzan

metarzan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

All work and no smoke make Tarzan a dull boy. Morning!

Posted 1 year ago #
  39. porshcigar

porshcigar

Chicago Pipe Show Honcho

Login to Send PM

Up early and smoking Wilderness in a bent and blasted freehand, with coffee. Good morning to all.

Posted 1 year ago #
  40. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good morning all, big fog , but spring like 56degs, smokeing some Nitecap, drinking some strong coffee, glad you are getting straight Morton, know the feeling, installed new hardwood floors in my old 100yr old home and had shit scattered all over, pipes in plastic containers, back to normal now, glad it's getting right for you The old cajun

Posted 1 year ago #
  41. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good Morning!

I am posing late, but I started off today with coffee and my new morning favorite, Orlik Golden Sliced.

On another note, I like reading all of the "good morning's" here. This is a friendly club (and forum).

Cajun, 56 sounds great! I love foggy mornings too. It's 20, here (feels like 10). I am awaiting spring.

Posted 1 year ago #
  42. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good morning!

7:00 am here, and expecting a little (2-5") of snow! Glad it's Friday.

Posted 1 year ago #
  43. porshcigar

porshcigar

Chicago Pipe Show Honcho

Login to Send PM

Now smoking Lagonda in a blasted freehand, with Coffee.

Posted 1 year ago #
  44. metarzan

metarzan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Gray, that sure is a short, fat, thick nice looking nose warmer. Does the picture make it look shorter? What is it? A guy I work with ordered a custom pipe through me from a maker I met on another forum and he just opened it this morning at work. It is a Devil Anse replica and weighs in about 20 grams. Small pipe with a big, thin walled bowl.

Posted 1 year ago #
  45. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Got up a little late, worked in the yard all day , false spring here , I live on 81 acres and the yard around the house has a lot of trees, so I was picking up pine cones and branches all day, only good thing about it was I have 2,Big Edwards 1 Canadian and 1 Lovat and I smoke that Carter Hall all day doing the yard work. The old cajun

Posted 1 year ago #
  46. morton

morton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good morning all! Took a day off work today, something I rarely do but thought what the heck, I'll do it. Now I've various things to do on my three day weekend and I'm pretty sure pipesmoking and relaxing are going to be high priorities! Now if I could just fool someone into moving all that junk in the basement where its supposed to be, I'd have it made.

Posted 1 year ago #
  47. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Gray, that sure is a short, fat, thick nice looking nose warmer. Does the picture make it look shorter? What is it? 

Tarzan, it is a Luciano Pease/Di Piazza "chubby dublin"

There is one of a different color for sale at Smoking Pipes, Here

A couple shots of mine. It is a very good pipe, in my opinion!

Posted 1 year ago #
  48. chispa

chispa

Login to Send PM

Nice grain on that chubby dub!

<<insert witty signature here>>
    Posted 1 year ago #
  49. metarzan

metarzan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Happy Monday! No smoke this morning but the forecast calls for Larry's Blend in a Nording Freehand this afternoon.

Posted 1 year ago #
  50. morton

morton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good morning all! Weather's warmed up a bit here in the Great White North and the dogs are outside even as I write this. They're not so anxious to go out when its -40 F. Got a full day in front of me and unfortunately, no time for a bowl until much later. Enjoy your smoke later, metarzan, if I get a chance, I'll have one too.

Posted 1 year ago #
  51. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good morning Morton and all, false spring here in SW La. Has been in the 70s, cutting and installing doors all week-end we installed new floors in 4 rooms so doors had to be cut and installed fun, fun, fun , 1 more left, hard to smoke a pipe and swing doors around. The old cajun

Posted 1 year ago #
  52. metarzan

metarzan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

They make a hardhat that holds 2 beers to drink hands-free while you work but nothing for smoking a pipe? Would need a mirror to light but could be interesting...

Posted 1 year ago #
  53. metarzan

metarzan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Morning all. Had the Tambolaka sitting next to a little meer that I was considering trying for the first time morning. Didn't happen. Was running late and sounded like a bad idea at 5:30 AM.

Posted 1 year ago #
  54. morton

morton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good morning metarzan and everyone else! The desire to get out of bed and go to work was drastically lessened this morning when I heard the weather announcer say that the temp outside was a chilly -45 with the windchill. Celcius, Fahrenheit, doesn't matter when its that cold. But I did it anyway, and now its nice and warm in the brewhouse with a pilsener mash resting quietly. No pipes this early for me - I barely have time for coffee.

Posted 1 year ago #
  55. poligerard

poligerard

Login to Send PM

good morning and I envy your pipe Gray

Posted 1 year ago #
  56. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Little storm here last night, temp dropped 15 degs , still a nice 60 degrees, rained and wind blew 30 to 40 miles an hr in gusts, little power blip had to manually turn on coffee pot, reall hard life LOL, smokeing a Burak Paneled Canadian with EMP and watching my dog do the squat and dump routine. The old cajun

Posted 1 year ago #
  57. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

good morning and I envy your pipe Gray

Thank you!

Little storm here last night, temp dropped 15 degs , still a nice 60 degrees, rained and wind blew 30 to 40 miles an hr in gusts,

We must be getting that in WV too. Tornado watch until 1:00, it rained very hard this morning, but only for a few minutes. Today is 73 degrees, tomorrow high of 33 and snow...

I had some EMP this morning as well!

Posted 1 year ago #
  58. metarzan

metarzan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Morning all and happy Groundhog's Day. It was always easy to remember GHD because of my grandfathers birthday, 2/2/22. Time for coffee, pipe and memories. Then on with the day! Moving into a booth at an antique mall today so better get cracking. Will be keeping an eye out for estates while there...

Posted 1 year ago #
  59. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good morning, slept a little late , pulled up weeds in garden, I wait till jan or feb it's easier, back a little sore, gonna fire up my L'Antra and smoke some EMP, got the pipe yesterday from France, hope its a nice day for all. The old cajun

Posted 1 year ago #
  60. morton

morton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good morning all! Got one more day left to work (for money) and then have a day off so I can work on my stuff. Hobbies are really just work you enjoy more and do for free! The weather has taken a turn for the better - its warmed up a bit but we're getting some major snow and I can barely see across the street. My sister from the big city farther south always made fun of the fact that I have a big 4X4 F150. She figured it was just overkill. She changed her tune after she got stuck a few times when I lent her the little sedan last time she was out a few weeks ago. Seems that big 4X4 trucks are okay after all. Who knew!?!

Posted 1 year ago #
  61. gmwolford

Greg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good morning all! My wife and daughter just left out for a girls breakfast; today's my wife's birthday and that part of her gift. So, I am preparing to have a bowl of Penzance and cup (or three) of dark roast for my breakfast. After that, hopefully some time in the workshop finishing up some pipe stands and starting on a new holster idea.

Have a great day and weekend!

Posted 1 year ago #
  62. redinthehead

Evan

Login to Send PM

Good morning gentlemen!
    5:30 in the AM here for me. Actually preparing to go to bed. Just finished a cup of blueberry tea and am going to smoke my last flake of Fribourg & Treyer Vintage. It was dry and crispy, so i sprinkled some brandy on top of it. Going to see how that goes.

Hope you enjoy your day!

Posted 1 year ago #
  63. porshcigar

porshcigar

Chicago Pipe Show Honcho

Login to Send PM

First smoke of the day was Berkshire, in a blasted Kevin Arthur billiard, about 6 am on the way to grocery. Now smoking 3 Oaks Syrian, in a blasted bent freehand, with coffee. Happy Saturday to all Early Birds!

Posted 1 year ago #
  64. gmwolford

Greg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good morning folks! I have a busy day ahead: pre-K drip off of grandson, several errands, bank run, the list goes on… It'll probably be midday or this evening before I get to sit down to relax for a bowl. And oh how I'm already looking forward to it!!

Have a great day everyone.

Posted 1 year ago #
  65. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was looking for this thread earlier last week, but could not find it.

Good Morning!

Posted 1 year ago #
  66. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good morning! Trying another bowl of McConnell Ripe Honeydew
    Off to work!

Posted 1 year ago #
  67. cynyr

cynyr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good Morning! It's a good day for Alamo in a cob!

Posted 1 year ago #
  68. gmwolford

Greg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was looking for this thread earlier last week, but could not find it.

It took me 15 minutes of searching to find it, too!

Getting ready to fire up some EMP this morning. Had a very long day of running yesterday and looks like today will be similar. Here's to a good day to us all!

Posted 1 year ago #
  69. gmwolford

Greg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Been up about an hour already: the wife's alarm didn't do much for her but sure got me up (after four "snoozes" :roll:). So I'll be firing up my morning bowl early today, with Black House on the menu but the vessel of indulgence yet to be determined.

Today is also "boys" day; my son and I will be heading out to pick up his son (my grandson) at 8:30 and we are planning on a pancake breakfast and trip to the hardware store. Looking forward to a good, quality time kind of day.

Posted 1 year ago #
  70. porshcigar

porshcigar

Chicago Pipe Show Honcho

Login to Send PM

Up early answering emails and a few other chores, while smoking Frog Morton original in a large blasted freehand. Good morning to all.

Posted 1 year ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   metalheadycigarguy, bulletsnbriars, edwinbaz, warren, samcoffeeman, bluesmk, masspiper, indianafrank, briarfriar, fmgee, sjfine, sparks, tlag77, agnosticpipe, tuold, klause, tslex, smorgdonkey, foggymountain, hodirty, tbradsim1, darwin, papipeguy, mrdenmark, fishingandpipes, ericthered