PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
The Midnight Club seems to be a pretty active thread so seems only right to get something going for all of the early birds who get going before the sun shines. Though the forum seems pretty slow in the morning I know you guys are out there because I do battle with you all in traffic around 5:30 AM every morning. I am the guy in the tan Jeep doing 80 MPH with the widows cracked just enough to try and keep from burning holes in my clothes. It was Blue Mountain this morning and I have all day to decide on my evening smoke. I am thinking about cracking open a tin of Nightcap and seeing how she burns but that is subject to change...

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
It's 9:20 AM now, but I'm usually online much earlier; and I noticed several others coming online then too.

Maybe this thread will gain some traction in the coming days. Have fun at work, all! I'm retired. :nana:

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Retired and get up early? I guess it is hard to kick that learned slave mentality... :) Kidding. I envy those who can sleep in, but just not in my cards.

vaboatbuilder

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 7, 2012
I'm usually up at five, so i don't know how i missed yall this this morning. looking forward to seeing you tomorrow

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I retired 5 years ago and get up between 5:30 and 6:00 AM every day. I like being out there to wave good morning to all the working stiffs heading off to the office. It's the 2:00 PM nap that makes the difference.

bubblehead33

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
im usually up around 5:15 AST but dont have my first bowlful til after i get the fire lit at work, then its relaxing time (til the boss shows up anyway haha)

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
I'm up at 6-6:30 every morning and have a pipe on the drive to work.
I can say hi before I leave!
Early morning pipe and a coffee is my new favorite breakfast.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Morning guys; looks like I'll be staying home today. My son is running a fever of 102.7. :cry:

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
A bowl of Penzance in the meer pirate this morning on the way to work and I am ready to buckle my swash!

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
Sorry to hear grizzly, and am I stil an early bird if I havn't gone to be yet? 6:20 am here

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Morning! I'm usually awake early, but don't check mail and the forum until after June is up

and we have our morning coffee/visit. Then I go out front with the pups while she's getting

ready for work, then lite my first bowl. I smoke inside, but not first thing in the morning....
Have a Good Day Guys!

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
I don't know what time it is in Denmark but I received an email at 3:23 AM from Tom Eltang. He confirmed that he did indeed make my Stanwell 126. That is great news and probably as close as I will ever get to owning an Eltang! Such a nice guy he is and what a great smoking pipe he made.

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Metarzan you have a meer pirate. id love to see it. I love the off the wall meer shapes
Here is a thread where I posted a pic of the 'lil guy. Scroll down and I used the pirate to show the scale of the other meer I picked up. The pirate hangs well and is the perfect size for a hands free smoke on the commute.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/this-weeks-haul-tadpadocd

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
So are you really a boat builder? I have "almost" begun a stitch and glue project many times. Even bought plans from Bateau. I go through phases but I have been all over the boat building forums for years...

vaboatbuilder

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 7, 2012
im a ship yard worker, with many hobbies. I've done a few dingies, and perows. Id like to go bigger but it takes space and money. I've spent most of the last four years laid off more than working, i do go back to work in jan. as a perminant fed. employee. So hopefully ill have the money to build more soon. I also make wine and brew beer. pipes have reciently poped to the front of my work bench, trying to restore some of my dads old pipes. Im getting excited about tobaccos and learning about them. when your not working it gives you alot of time to tinker lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.