PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timm2

Lurker
Aug 5, 2012
Hey guys,
I want to purchase a meerschaum pipe from eacarey.com and was wondering if their fraudsters.
Read some pretty bad reviews about their tobacco and even one that suggested the pipes are fake chinese knockoffs, is this true?

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Interesting, I was checking them out too - not so sure either. Apparently there's a UK store that's supposed to be legit:
http://www.eacarey.co.uk
eacarey.com looks completely legit, but would like to hear from others.
For what it's worth, I also found this concerning fraud sites: http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-news/rip-off-report-smokerpipecom-scam-site/

grafikchaos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2012
Chapin, SC
I don't know about their pipes being knock-offs, however, they charge a membership fee it seems, to get to the discounted price, or you can not join, and pay a higher price. It looks like it is a $25 membership fee, and then you get the "discount" prices, which are closer to actual online market prices. My personal opinion, stay far away from any company that tries to get you to buy a membership just to buy product closer to market price. Try smokingpipes or pipesandcigars.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I got a Macbarren pipe bag there, was nice. The first one they sent me was in poor condition but they sent me a really nice one free of charge and told me to keep the other one, which I repaired and gave to a friend.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
If ya want a meer,go to Storient.He is a member of this site and a good guy.Will take good care of ya!I have one of his pipes,another one comming,and plan to buy more!

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Carey is legit, but I agree with others, that there are better places to purchase a meer. Storient is one/ Light as a feather, tough as a rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.