E. India Trading Co. Royal Chalenge

(9 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by pagan
  • Latest reply from dottiewarden
  1. pagan

pagan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Picked up a tin of this from P&C for $5, thought Id try since I don't usually smoke anything with spice, and I needed to add to my cart to meet the free shipping amount, I can say it was money well spent.

Packing the bowl I notice its a bit moister than I prefer (might be the spice or Rum) but I only had to relight 3 times the first 1/4 bowl, but the rest burned even and through. The cut is a ribbon cut and not chunky, it burned quite well. Virginians and Cavendish are prominent in this smoke with a very faint and pleasant vanilla taste. I try all my new tobacco in Cob and I noticed my cob was warmer than usual, maby I puffed more or maby a hotter burning blend, not sure.

Over all Im pleased with this blend and look forward to trying some other offerings from East India Trading Company

Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes
    Posted 3 years ago #
  2. jerwynn

jerwynn

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Oooooo! Excellent!! EITC's Cellar Reserve is one of my favorites! Nice tobacco-y aro with a pinch of perique. Just bought the other two to try. Glad to hear your comments!

“Deep peace of the running wave to you.
 Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
 Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
 Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace of the infinite peace to you." - Fiona Macleod
    Posted 3 years ago #
  3. pagan

pagan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just to follow up, I've had a bowl of this every evening this week wile out tending the garden and it has really grown on me, cant believe I got it on sale so cheap. I ordered some other EITC tins when I made my big H&H Marquee purchase this weekend, now I wont know what to open first

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. agnosticpipe

Orley

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pagan, you'll probably like their other blends too. But of the three EITC blends, I've found I like Royal Challenge the best. Mind you their other blends are good, I just like Royal Challenge the best. I seldom smoke the stuff straight. I really like blending it 50/50 with things like Black Frigate (sorry Duane), and GH Rum Flake, or even GLP Sextant. I do like the blends I just mentioned by themselves most of the time, but sometimes I want something a little sweeter, milder and less demanding of my attention. Playing with tobacco is so much fun, and supposedly not against the law yet!

The pipe smoker formerly know as agnostic pipe
    "Fried food, hard liquor, and tobacco, that's the holy trinity!"- Stacy Keach
    Posted 3 years ago #
  5. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

I really like blending it 50/50 with things like Black Frigate (sorry Duane)

BLASPHEMY!

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.
    -Edward Teach
    Posted 3 years ago #
  6. chasingembers

Embers

Login to Send PM

Wait a minute, I mix BF with The Solent Mixture....carry on.

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. jacks6

jacks6

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Who is the manufacturer for east india trading blends?

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. chasingembers

Embers

Login to Send PM

K. Hansotia & Co.

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. dottiewarden

dottiewarden

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm thoroughly enjoying this magnificent blend!

This is one of those aros for people who like quality tobacco taste with delicate hints of sweet spiced rum. This wouldn't displace my beloved MacBaren Navy Mixture if it hadn't been discontinued, but I'm very happy with Royal Challenge as an everyday blend.

Take the challenge and find out for yourself!

Dot
    Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jvnshr, bigpond, willyspiper, mawp, tobefrank, ben88, cossackjack, pappymac, pipestud