PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
My girlfriend, some of her friends and I went to the Dutchess County Fair today. We had a great time, watched some bull riding, went on some rides, ate 4 lbs of potatoes, and saw some cool attractions.
One of the attractions was a 'slice of life exhibit' depicting 100 years ago. They had just started manufacturing moblie threshing machines, a day laborer at an ice house made $1.25 per 12 hours and weren't allowed to spit, and they also had a sweet general store exhibit.
This first pic was taken by my girlfriend's iPhone and seemed to upload upside down. If that is the case, I apologize. In the foreground, you will notice (possibly by turning your head) cans of PA, SWR, Edgeworth, Half and Half and Velvet among other tobacco products.
photo1-600x450.jpg

This photo (which may be sideways) I thought was interesting. It depicts a tin of Half and Half Plug Cut called 'Buckingham.'
photo-21-600x450.jpg

While we do enjoy a wide range of variety in pipe tobacco available to us today, it would be nice to see a prominent display of tobacco when one walked into a 'general store.' One can't have it all though.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
The photos are right side up on my computer, does anyone know what I can do? These were sent from an iPhone to a Mac. There shouldn't be compatibility issues.
Also, in reference to an earlier post about fairs, I was able to walk around smoking my pipe in the outside parts. This was a huge plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.