PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111546959316
The white dot looked suspect but for a low enough bid it was worth a shot. The pics didn't show much of anything other than some buffed to death nomenclature or really bad pics. The stem is a replacement now that I have it in hand. I will try to post pics but I can only read it under a bright light at an angle. It is as follows
on the top lest side of the shank is "EC" between bowl and "DUNHILL" over something buffed off "BRIAR"

then on the other side is "MADE" over "ENGLAND3" then "4" in a circle next to "R"
I will try to get more pics but no guarantee. Merry Freakin Christmas for me, $15 shipped to me.

May 31, 2012
Epic cool Christmas deal!
Congrats!

It looks pretty damn cherry to me!

And cheery!

:clap:
I once got a '66 40 lovat for around the same price on eBay, I couldn't believe it and it's a great great feeling - I still have the pipe too, it's a great smoker!

:)

xrundog

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
A 1963 Root Briar Group 4. At first I wondered how I missed it. Then I looked at the auction title. My searches went right by that one. Good eye and a nice buy!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Congrats!!! Today I scored another "slip through" on a JT COOKE. It's so strange how every now and again for some weird reason a nice one slips everybody's notice. I do searches for the brands I like all the time. Yet somehow items slip through.

Congrats!!!

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I knew it was a risk but $15 isnt much of a risk.
The worst you could have gotten out of that was an older Willard before Dunhill sued them over the spot, which still wouldn't have been a bad deal :D Fortunately your intuition paid off big time. Congrats and enjoy your victory!

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Even if it was a basket pipe. it's a nice pipe. 15 dollars is a good price. The only thing risky was not bidding.
Definetly post those pics if you can. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.