PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Can anyone make sense of this ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320818034880?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_922

loneredtree

Part of the Furniture Now
May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
Looks like a Dunhill bowl about late 1950s or early 1960. The pictures are poor which does not give me a good feeling. If the shank is ok and not much wear in the bowl, it could be a good one to have a replacement stem made. I would want to have better pictures and a declaration that the rest of the wood is not damaged. The tapered GBD stem is jammed into a straight bored shank which may not be a good thing. :crazy:

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
Well that's a bit of a miss-match, someones just stuck a GBD stem in it, still a good buy if you are prepared to source a new Dunhill stem.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Loneredtree: yeah it's worry some. I've asked for more pictures and asked whether there were any cracks, lines, gauges, scratches on the bowl. We'll see

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
A Dunhill billiard converted in a semi bent with a gbd stem.As we are not sure if the tenon diameter of the gbd is the same of the dunhill there is always the possibility that the hole of Dunhill shank have been enlarged.I whould say....beware!

Maurizio

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'd think if it stays under $50 it'd be worth a try. Don't see why someone would chance ruining a Dunhill straight by sticking a GBD bent stem into it. Definately lowered that resale value a good $100 or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.