PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

quint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2017
Anyone here smoke Dunhill Ultra Mild? It's a Virginia-Burley blend with a light plum topping. Really great flavor and room note. And wow is it smooth. Plus it burns so well that it practically smokes itself.
I'm just sad that Dunhill will stop selling pipe tobacco, because Ultra Mild really is one of my favorite blends. Will need to stock up on some while there is still time.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Never even heard of it. Over here a lot of terms like "mild" or "light" got quashed as being falsely "healthy" alternatives to ... well other stuff I guess.

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
Quint, where do you live and where do you still find Ultra Mild? I have less than about half a tin left, only dipping into it when the mood is just right so it lasts a wee bit longer. Would love to find some more!

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Paul, apparently it's a big seller in Japan and unfortunately for those who hanker after it is only available there.
As Sas correctly points out, such blends that use descriptors such as 'mild' or 'light' are no longer available in the UK.
Regards,
Jay.

quint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2017
Quint, where do you live and where do you still find Ultra Mild? I have less than about half a tin left, only dipping into it when the mood is just right so it lasts a wee bit longer. Would love to find some more!
Jay is correct. I'm located in Japan.
For me, Ultra Mild is probably the best pipe tobacco I've ever had. It's almost magical. Burns beautifully with no bite, and the flavor is incredible. It's a real shame they will stop producing it.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Sounds pretty tasty, to be honest:
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/465/dunhill-ultra-mild

mrmotoyoshi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
Motoyoshi, Japan
When I was living in Japan I smoked through several tins of the stuff. It really is a wonderful blend. I always wondered why it never made it into other markets.

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
We Americans always want what we can't have ;) . Sounds like a fantastic blend. I have a friend in Japan, wonder how hard it is to ship to the states.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm still thinking the Dunhill tobacco owners or shareholders will license out the blending to a new outfit. 'Seems like there's too much inherent value, despite the regulatory turbulence in the pipe tobacco market, to just let it sink. It's a revenue stream. So you just drop it? I don't think so. Unless there is some underlying debt or something we don't see. I think the owners are just letting the despair build so there will be a rush to hoard, and later a rush to try the new output. So, Dunhill Ultra Mild may make it to these shores yet.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
It's a revenue stream. So you just drop it? I don't think so.
They may be freaked out by the idea of potentially high costs in the future owing to legislative or other issues.

quint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2017
Sounds like a fantastic blend. I have a friend in Japan, wonder how hard it is to ship to the states.
As long as he doesn't send more than a few tins at a time, should be okay. PM me if you want more details.
And a few of you here who are located in the States may soon get the chance to sample this rare, but wonderful blend. That's all I can say for now. :wink:

quint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2017
I'm still thinking the Dunhill tobacco owners or shareholders will license out the blending to a new outfit. 'Seems like there's too much inherent value, despite the regulatory turbulence in the pipe tobacco market, to just let it sink. It's a revenue stream. So you just drop it? I don't think so. Unless there is some underlying debt or something we don't see. I think the owners are just letting the despair build so there will be a rush to hoard, and later a rush to try the new output. So, Dunhill Ultra Mild may make it to these shores yet.
It may be just wishful thinking, but I hope you are right. Dunhill makes some of my favorite blends. I'd really hate to lose them- especially Ultra Mild.
Regarding Ultra Mild for sale in the US, maybe they could just rename it 'Ultra Delight'. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.