12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am Chris, I am hopelessly doomed. Hopelessly destined to the siren's song till death do us part. (Yeah, a little dramatic but you get it, right? Fellow PAD Brothers.)
jJEfqg6.jpg

aA95JGm.jpg

J4V9orX.jpg

OsuafqV.jpg

xebEG3l.jpg

TKr8kCz.jpg

Chris :puffpipe:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Not a fan of Dunhills or bulldogs, but that is a pretty blast. In the bottom image, the stem looks a bit askew.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
@chasingembers Maybe because of the blast? The last image the top part of stem has a little distance between the stem.
Maybe, but a stem gap like that would be a deal breaker for me.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
What a find. The bowl— never noticed that exact carving before— reminds me of the early steam locomotives' stacks. Cool.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
VERY nice! Love Dunhill Shillings. In a sea of people who see Dunhill as nothing more than average, i LOVE Dunhill pipes and LOVE bulldogs. Great pipe you scored!! Shilling has always been a favorite.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
You are absolutely allowed to dream on here. We will be as supportive of that as we are PAD. It doesn't hurt that you have such nice dreams, too. :)
I had never heard of a Dunhill Shilling. It is a really nice looking pipe!

Oct 7, 2016
Nice pipe, very hard to find, priced at about $600 with shipping today at Al Pascia, though last I looked the Euro was getting hammered. I would ask them about the stem gap, sometimes they aren't real careful in getting things lined up for photographs. These are essentially the Cumberland equivalent of a Shell Ring Grain, though some Ring Grains are weak, and I have never seen a weak Shilling. For both Ring Grains and Shillings, there seem to be periods when they are relatively easy to find new, and periods when they are nonexistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.