PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
I heard a while ago that dunhill had sold the mixes to their blends to (forgive my spelling) kholhasse something. Anyone hear anything on the return of Nightcap???

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I heard a while ago that dunhill had sold the mixes to their blends to (forgive my spelling) kholhasse something. Anyone hear anything on the return of Nightcap???
You won't. Kohlase & Kopp released a line of Dunhill clones under their Robert McConnell Heritage label. The blends are not identical, but are considered quality blends. At this time they are not being imported into the US, but you can buy them from Germany.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
I've heard rumblings that STG is in talks about getting the recipes, other than that, there are Sutliff clones, the McConnell ones, and some other brand I can't remember has a series out now too (Comoy's or someone...).

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I'd like to know the source of your information. Is it creditable? To my knowledge, neither the recipes nor the names have been sold. In fact, only an unsubstantiated rumor, that a blender was told to cease and desist using any of the Dunhill label names when advertising their clones. Again, an industry rumor I haven't been able to substantiate.

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
All I know, deep in my heart and rooted in my faith for all good things, is
Dunhill will return.

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
Dang, which I could buy me one of those cool teal titles (like Embers') and put that there. Repetition ought to help!
Or maybe I should say "Codger Mixture Apologist".
Or maybe I should acknowledge that I am feverishly rambling because this post reminded me I, again, live in a Dunhill-less world.

Status
Not open for further replies.