Dunhill Pipes with No Model Number Stamp???

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowler1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 16, 2013
Williamsburg, VA
Hi

I have a Dunhill pipe that has no model number stamped on it. I have had at least one other that was lacking a model number stamp. I find this curious that they didn't stamp the model number on it. Can anyone explain this or provide more info?
Thanks

Matt
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Postimage; Dropbox, etc.), or on virtually any site, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.

Jan 8, 2013
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Postimage; Dropbox, etc.), or on virtually any site.....
Except you can scratch out Photobucket. We all hate Photosuckit now.... because they suck. All those threads that are now devoid of what once were photos.... you can blame Photosuckit for that.

bowler1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 16, 2013
Williamsburg, VA
home
Attempting to upload pics....

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
If it's 5 1/2" long overall, it's probably a model 59.
As for why the stamp is missing, there's no point in speculating. Overall, Dunhill was quite good with details and consistency. When you make tens of thousands of pipes per year, though, mistakes and omissions are bound to happen occasionally.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Dunhill did some odd things with stamping in the mid-70's.
I was watching this one, which should be a CK shape but is instead stamped 460D (which I can not find anywhere else). Apparently that scared off buyers and it went pretty low, for a Dunhill Rhodesian.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-DUNHILL-460D-ROOT-BRIAR-CHUBBY-GROUP4-ESTATE-PIPE-1975/292224740779?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
s-l1600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.