9 Fresh Caminetto Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had this tobacco since the second day I started a pipe 3 weeks back. Today, I realized that I have a pattern - I almost always smoked this after doing the morning chores on a weekend, and that's when I love this! Smoked slowly, I can taste the slightly salty smokiness of the Latakia (I hope) with the orientals nudging my taste profiles. Fantastic experience!

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
This is really weird. I was just thinking about digging out a tin of London Mixture when I logged on to the forum to see this post at the head of the list.
I love London Mixture - and not just because I live in London! You are right .. the oriental push makes it a very special blend. For myself, I find it a tobacco I prefer to smoke outdoors when I can take my time and just enjoy the experience. It is not my go-to blend (which is St Bruno), but it is a blend I could easily live with if that were all I had.
Mike

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I wasn't a big fan of that one to be honest with ya. I do like Dunhill's English blends for the most part but this one didn't do much for me.
I am glad that you are enjoying it though!

Mike ... really interesting coincidence... and I do smoke it outside in the backyard!

Hawk ... this is not my first preference all the time... but on a weekend, when the weather has started to just warm up, it is late morning and it's your first weekend pipe, the Latakia/oriental mix work for me.
I also love the Dunhill English mixtures (at least most of what I tasted so far)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I smoked through a tin of London Mixture with great pleasure about four years ago and have another waiting to be popped. It's one of the milder Dunhills, but with some nice interplay in the taste of the blend. Somewhere I heard it compared to the old Sutliff English blend Westminster (not G.L. Pease by that name); I think the Sutliff version has been discontinued, but it was enjoyable. I never compared the two blends, but they are a bit alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.