PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
Just cracked my first tin of it and love it. I've always smoked bulk blends, primarily from Cornell and Diehl, and after picking up the pipe again after an absence of several years have started trying tinned blends. Pipes and Cigars had a buy 3 get one free Dunhill deal going so I bought a bunch of tins and London Mixture is one of them.
I'll be buying more of this, great stuff. The Latakia is there but isn't really that noticeable, kinda like pepper on my eggs, the Virginias are really sweet and tasty, and there is something different...I'm guessing it's the Orientals which really sets it off for me. A further plus is my wife commented that she likes the smell of it (she usually complains that my pipe stinks and doesn't smell like the cherry tobacco her Uncle Bud smoked when she was a kid). I'm really liking these Dunhill blends with the exception of Nightcap which I just can't seem to warm up to. London Mixture is a very lovely blend.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
I also like London Mixture, you are right about the Virginias being exceptional. I think the Dunhill line of tobaccos are good solid, consistent blends. :puffy:

hierophant

Lifer
Jul 27, 2014
London Mixture is good stuff, it was a regular for me, but now that they've re-released Durbar I tend to smoke more of that. The latakia in Durbar is more present than in London Mixture, I like that.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Haven't smoked London before, but I really like the other Dunhill tobaccos -- they definitely have a distinct taste about them that I really enjoy. It's a little musty, but overall very refined and well integrated. And I agree -- they smell nicer than many other latakia blends.

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
Agree that London Mixture is a fabulous mild blend. Another Dunhill to consider is My Mixture 965 which is a bit more robust, but with many of the same attributes. To me, 965 is London Mixture on steroids.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
Andy.
I love MM965 as well. Great blend. For some reason the only one I can't seem to warm up to is Nightcap. I don't know why that is.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I haven't tried the new Dunhill Aperitif or Durbar (liked the old versions), but I have liked all the Dunhill English blends. London Mixture is a favorite along with 965. Btw, Sutliff's London Mixture Match is pretty close to the original. It's a little Virginia sweeter, otherwise it just about is LM. And it's less expensive than Dunhill LM tins.

Status
Not open for further replies.