PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorge

Lurker
May 10, 2013
Perhaps you can help me get a positive ID on this pipe. It appears to be Dunhill but, it does not look like a sandblasted pattern. The only markings on the pipe are PRINCE OF WALES and the legendary white dot.
IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hi Jorge, welcome to the forum! Your photo links appear to be broken, the pictures aren't showing up. I look forward to seeing your pipe, and hope that someone here can help you identify it.
Cheers,
-- Pat

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
The "Prince of Whales" marking is not consistent with any marking on any Dunhill I've ever researched. I tried to look up yours specifically, and nothing has come up. Every Dunhill, it seems, is marked with "Dunhill" and the color, shape and year codes should also be visible. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you have a Dunhill pipe. It's possible that the stem is from a Dunhill pipe, but there's nothing guaranteeing that someone didn't rip off the tell-tale white spot in order to attract a buyer, either.
Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I comes along and proves me wrong! :(
Oh, and welcome to the forums! :puffy:

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
After doing a little more digging, I finally did locate the story and pictures of a Dunhill Prince of Whales pipe. Unfortunately, your pipe does not carry these markings on it from what I can see.
Here is the link for your reference: http://www.apassionforpipes.com/neills-blog/2012/11/2/a-wartime-treasure.html
I hope this helps!

jorge

Lurker
May 10, 2013
i believe you are all correct. I took a chance at it possibly being an actual un-smoked Dunhill. Worst case I keep it, it's all about having fun after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.