PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Well, for sometime now I have been thinking about getting a Dunhill Pipe. I looked at the new ones and just didn't get the pull the trigger urge. That all changed tonight. I found a Dunhill Shell Briar slightly canted Dublin for what I think is a reasonable price. It's not a birth year Dunhill but it is classic. Made in 1960 and it appears in very good condition. I think this will be relegated to strong English blends. It reminds me of the pipe that was being smoked in miracle on 34th street. Won't be here in time for Christmas but that's ok I can enjoy it after the holidays. I don't see myself becoming a Dunhill collector but who knows.

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Wait until you smoke it. The draws are nice and the stems are some of the most comfortable factory stems out there. You might be converted.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
Dunhills are great pipes, I know you will enjoy it. And it will last you a life time. :puffy:

briarpipeboiler

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2012
Louisville
I'll help...
Pipe2_zps1575e96f.jpg

Scroll down to the bottom of the ((ended)) auction page for more...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dunhill-137-Shell-Briar-1960-group-4-tapered-bit-sitter-w-sock-NICE-COLLECTABLE-/281221116730?rd=1&nma=true&si=mVGSChjtCtZXKJB856sYI49mYz4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is a great looking classic Dunhill in a great shape. The pipe looks to be in very good condition and it has a real nice blast. Congrats on your new pipe and I hope it smokes great for you.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Very nice pipe piper -Congrats!
I think this will be relegated to strong English blends.
Good call. I have a '62 Lovat Shell and it smokes Latakia blends really well.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Thanks guys, I am really excited to finally have a Dunhill in my rack. The seller is a really nice guy that does a lot of estate pipes. It's kind of a funny story though. The pipe was sold, shipped to someone else and they said the pipe was ghosted really bad with an Aromatic. The weird part was the pipe was thoroughly cleaned and sterilized prior to shipping. Seems like more of a case of buyer remorse or wife found out. No matter to me It will be an English only pipe and I am betting six bowls of Pirate Kake will excersize the ghosts of Aromatics past right out of the pipe lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.