PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

leparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2014
Weyers Cave, VA
I am not a tobacco reviewer but this is the only tobacco I've smoked that I loved from the first bowl. It is mild and good for a smoke anytime of the day. Lot's of reviewer have said there was not enough perique in it but I smoke other blends for perique. This one I smoke for pure enjoyment.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm aging my unopened tin a while. From the name, you'd think this was an English blend, but it's Va/per, and mostly Va.

I'm looking forward to it.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
It surprised me at how much I liked it. I almost didn't try it because it received such lukewarm reviews - I'm glad I did because I love it. I have 10 tins in the cellar aging now.

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I am a fan of most of the Dunhill offerings but its a toss up between EMP and Elizabethan Mixture for my absolute favorite. I bought several tins of Elizabethan Mix when it first came out and didn't get around to trying it for quite a while. When I did crack that first tin, it disappeared rather quickly. Now its in rotation and smoked on a very regular basis.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
dread said:

I almost didn't try it because it received such lukewarm reviews -
Unless I know the reviewer and how his taste compares to mine, I totally ignore reviews ... chances are, whatever they have to say, for good or for bad, will bear no resemblance to my eventual opinion ...
I have an intolerance for cucumbers, for example ... were I to post a review on a cucumber site saying that they make me sick, that has no bearing at all on what your opinion of them might turn out to be ... we each have a taste profile that is pretty much unique to ourselves so forming any sort of pre-judgment based on the opinion of someone unknown to us is a real mistake ...
That said, I DO enjoy Dunhill Elizabethan ...

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
I actually wasn't head over heels about Elizabethan at first. But I let it sit in a mason jar over winter and found it quite enjoyable past the 6 month mark.

leparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2014
Weyers Cave, VA
I bought 3 tins initially, 2 in the cellar. Will buy more with my next order. I smoke VAPER most of the time, but throw in a good English now and then for a change.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
LOVE it. Hoarding it. Cellaring it. My local "Smoker Friendly" sells the tins for under $10 for some reason. So, whenever I'm bored and have an extra ten bucks, I'm in there picking up another tin! Haha

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
Dunhill may not make the most leading edge blends but I love the OO tin "smokability".

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I like Elizabethan Mixture and I like cucumbers, so...

cucumber-pipe_3.jpg

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
Bought three tins, the first one seemed dry and harsh, maybe a bad tin, the other ones sre aging, will have to crack one soon. Liked Irish Oak better.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
To those who have smoked both: how does Elizabethan compare to Navy Rolls? Both are Va/Pers, I prefer the ribbon cut Dunhills but if Navy is stronger (nic wise, taste wise) then maybe I would go with that.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Navy Rolls is stronger and fuller in taste than Elizabethan. I'd easily recommended that over the new Elizabethan.

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
I also enjoy this blend along with another Dunhil blend that deosnt get a ton of good press (royal yacht)

Status
Not open for further replies.