PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
Hi everyone,
I was wondering, what is the difference between Dunhill Deluxe navy rolls and Dunhill Dark Flake?

I want to build up my cellar before the dunhils go out of stock. I am a real Perique lover and was wondering which of these 2 VAPERs are better. I have tried DNR and found it good tobacco.

I hope you guys can enlighten me on how Dark flake is compared to DNR.
Note: These 2 blends are not available where i am. So i need to order it.
Thanks in advance

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The Dark Flake has less perique, and the tobaccos have a light fermented quality that Navy Rolls lacks as well as a tad more variety of nuances in the sweetness. Dark Flake is a little less stronger (mild to medium) than Navy Rolls (medium), too. If the perique matters to you, get Navy Rolls.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Jim put it more scientifically than I would but I agree with his assessment. DNR is one of my favorites, but also the one Dunhill blend I will stock up on last, as worst-case scenario, Escudo is close enough I could live with it if I have to.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
They are both excellent blends and worthy of having both in your rotation. They don't taste anything alike in my opinion. Dark Flake is similar to Wessex Campaign Brigade Dark Flake with a little bit of Perique added to the mix for complexity. These two blends are not redundant, I repeat not redundant!

Status
Not open for further replies.