Dunhill Collector & NY Pipe Show Organizer Rich Esserman on Radio Show 2/17/2015

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show​ tonight is with Rich Esserman. Rich has been in the hobby for many, many years. He has done a ton of writing for The Pipe Smoker's Ephemeris, and The Pipe Collector, and he is a renowned expert and collector of Dunhill Magnum pipes–and he actually smokes these huge pipes as well. Rich is also in charge of The New York Pipe Show. In the "Pipe Parts" segment, Brian will talk about the first pipe smokers ever–The Native Americans.
rich-esserman.jpg

Rich Esserman

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'll be attending the NYC show in two weeks, so this has great timing. I enjoy Rick's submissions to The Pipe Collectot, so I'll look forward to hearing this interview.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Thanks for another great show. I loved the segment taking us back to the roots of our hobby, the Native Americans (by the [/b]way, check out some of the Native American art on the "pipe in art" thread). Then we got to hear all those wonderful stories about just about all the players in the late 20th/early 21st century development of the pipe smoking, as well as collecting, hobby. Thanks again.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
There certainly is cause for a second session with this fine man. I love most of the interviews but the ones with true collectors are my favorite. Nothing to sell, just good information. News and Views is a real triumph for The Pipe Collector as well.
Mike S.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I really enjoyed that show. I'll have to seek Rich out at the NYC show and at least say hello.

He used a phrase that pipe collecting was largely an "oral tradition". Hopefully as the hobby moves forward, we will continue digitally cataloging the information so it is not lost to time.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I enjoyed the tips for smoking large-bore pipes as much or more than the great story of Mr. Esserman's Dunhill Magnum collection.
Has anybody seen Mr. Esserman's favorite tobacco, Sullivan's Special Mixture?

Status
Not open for further replies.