PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
http://m.ebay.com/itm/1962-DUNHILL-CAVALIER-PIPE-THREE-BOWL-SET-WITH-HARD-LEATHER-CASE-/141795315480?nav=SEARCH
Pretty interesting set on eBay to watch. I find the cavalier pipes to be quite interesting. Couldn't help but to share. Enjoy.

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
Yes but that cavalier shape just eludes my taste. It's just so freaking weird!

I'll vote for $550-600.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I love that design. Beautiful pipes but I believe they have share the Dunhill duke and dons tight draw. That's what I'm telling myself to keep from dropping a bid.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
The cavalier shape's history is interesting. Off the top of my head, it was intended for German soldiers on Horseback.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/356839970451793016/
A Napoleonic Currassier with what looks like a Tyrolean pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Churchwardens fill my need for a long-stemed pipe you smoke while seated, but these are a beautiful set. Unlike many cavaliers, these look tasteful and not like a theater prop. With nine days to go, yes they will be bid up and up. I hope anyone bidding has the sense to scout around and see what a comparable set sells for at at least one or two other places, if they can be located. These auctions can easily top out the market and then some. How often would you smoke these if you had them? Really.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Never liked the Dunhill style Cavalier for looks. I think the way they did the drainage was pretty clever. The Seller did a great job on the photos that really show you how crisp the nomenclature is.
This auction has 9 days to go so it could end up anywhere. No need bidding on it now. Wait a week and see what's happening.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I have one that needs a bit of restoring (white dot gone). The draw is fine and it is funky, yet cool. One of my favorite pipes.
I like this set. I am easing into retirement and prepping to go to college on my GI bill. My days of $800 pipes are gone for the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.