Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
This has been known for a long time. It appears most of the online shops of any significance are out of Dunhill Flake and have even taken it off their listing.
I happen to enjoy the Dunhill Flake, Dark Flake and Deluxe Navy Rolls. I believed the rumors and started stocking up quite some time ago. I don't think these products are the greatest or irreplaceable but I bought enough to enjoy a few tins per year for the remainder of my life.

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
I look forward to a few of the new d*nhills: the "classic rectangle," the "between 2 and 4 year virginia," the "not light rectangle," The "Can-I-Get-You-Started-With-Anything-Maybe-Drinks" tobacco . . .

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Our local b&m was at a trade show in Vegas a week or two ago and according to Brigham, there is approximately two years of stock left in Canada. Can’t comment on specific blends, just a generalization I guess.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Meh. Don't care.
For reference, of course, I don't really give much of a rat's about Dunhill. It's OK, & I know a lot of folks love it. I'm just not one of them.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I confess a distinct weakness for blenders and brands who/which stay in business, produce in step with demand, and keep their distribution available to their customers. All of those are basic to any retailing. Blenders and brands who do not maintain those standards may produce, or have produced, delightful products at one time, but I'm simply not going into mourning if they no longer do so. I'm their customer, not their spouse or long-lost love.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
No panic here. Most of the Dunhill repertoire are English blends anyway.
I did manage to obtain three tins of Nightcap (which I'm yet to try) and one of EMP. Guess it's a good thing I didn't get hooked.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I've noticed Dunhill blends starting to disappear on retailer sites but I think the Dunhill hype has been overplayed and the stocks have quietly diminished with much less fanfare than many of us expected.
I have had months and months to buy more Dunhill but I am honestly done. I got one sleeve of each flake and a few singles to save for future special occasions. These blends have never been essential for me, but I enjoy them.
(I wish I had that opportunity with McClelland...)
With that said, I welcome Orlik production of Dunhill copycat blends if that is what it takes to see these blends survive in some form! As a brand, Dunhill tobacco is worth more than the sum of its parts.

exbenedict

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2018
3 pounds of Nightcap, and 3 pounds of EMP, other blends by Dunhill are just meh to me. I know there are matches for these, and while they are good in their own right, not quite the same. I'm refusing to jump on the Stock Up Hype! for all the different blends as I am fairly certain, based on my limited and utterly non-professional experience, that someone else will be blending them.

Status
Not open for further replies.