PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Does anyone have any inside intel as if we are entering another period where Dunhill Blends are going to become scarce again? A few weeks ago I had no problem ordering up a couple tins of MM965 and EMP. Now, those sources are on back order. Should I buy up any I can locate, or just plan on more coming available in the near future.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I believe it is because people are afraid of a scarcity that there is a scarcity!! :evil: If everyone would just chill out and order a reasonable amount rather than every tin available then everything would be fine... just my thoughts on the subject!

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
No problems with supply that i can see but then i do live in the UK.

Gotta agree with Bubba though. Half the problems with supply seems to stem from people panic buying loads whenever a tobacco becomes available.
I know people cellar tobacco but a lot of people seem to buy more of it than they would smoke in a year 'just in case' they can't get hold of it easily in a few months. There are hundreds of different blends to try out there. Why not buy a reasonable amount of what you like when it becomes available (depending on how you smoke) and then buy more when you need it. If it's not available then no hassle, try something else.
Just my thought on this.....

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Yes, I agree a large part of it is 'panic' buying. Nothing plays the market better than people thinking something is going to be taken away from them. Very true, there are some many other blends out there waiting to be tried. I would be foolish to think that there isn't something else out there that I may like even more....isn't that the gool....to find tabacco nuervana.
So with this last order of 10 tins each, I will relax and return to a more calm supply maintanence mode.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
But if we look at bubba signature at the bottom of his post, there is yet another reason for the shortage...
-Jason

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Well I guess that does look bad! I believe that you need to buy three tins, one to smoke and two to add to the cellar, I don't believe that you need to buy 20 tins of the same blend every time it comes in stock. If you buy bulk, buy a pound if you smoke 6 ounces, don't buy 5 pounds just because! That is would I took from the quote...

Status
Not open for further replies.