PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I've had a tin of John Cotton's 1&2 in my rotation for a couple of days now, and am enjoying it very much. I think it reminds me of one of the Dunhill classics, but I can't put my finger on which one. The problem is, the only Dunhill tobacco I smoke regularly instead of occasionally is Nightcap, and that sure ain't it! I think it's the nice tart tanginess that's sparking this memory. Can anybody think of a Dunhill blend that is similar, or am I just tasting a hallucination?

lvs13

Lurker
Jun 28, 2016
to me, I think it is similar to Dunhill EMP. My palate is not refined at all so take this for what it is worth.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Cotton 1&2 certainly does not have perique. It is not a lat bomb, and it is not a nic bomb. All of these are characteristics of Nightcap. It may be that it has some of the same orientals as Nightcap. I don't care for Nightcap, and have not smoked it in years. I would place it as closer to London Mix, but I haven't smoked that in years, either.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
@Jud- No, no. I was saying I know it's NOT like NC, due to that being the only Dunhill I smoke regularly! I think I may have stated that a little awkwardly.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I'm eager to try the Smyrna, and see how that stacks up to NC. Due to having too many blends going at one time, I am forcing myself to hold off. I guess that's one bright spot in this looming FDA mess- there are simply so many blends I like, at least a few of them are bound to survive. I hope.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I see what you meant on rereading,aldecaker. Smyrna has no perique,either,that I noticed. I wasn't that impressed with the John Cotton offerings. Gotta try the No. 1, yet. They aren't bad - just don't get me excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.