PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

earthbound

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2015
Hey folks, I've been smoking pipes now for about three years now and I'm finding now I'm doing something I swore I'd never do again... I'm experimenting with cigars. Cigars are much more expensive than pipe tobacco as you all know and this was the original reason I made the switch. Pipes opened up a whole new world of delicious tobaccos for me and gave me a sense of what a luxury smoke could taste like. With the news of Dunhill's latest plan to pull out of the pipe/ cigar market I figured I'd have to try one of their cigars before they were off the shelves. In my P&C order of over 30 Dunhill tins I squeezed in one Dunhill Aged Dominican cigar. My goodness. What a phenomenal stick. I'm absolutely in love with the flavor of this cigar and now they're planning to do away with it. As someone with a lackluster knowledge of cigars, I ask you all, what am I tasting in this cigar? It's sweet and creamy with the typical mild notes of cigar leaf tobacco, but then there's a special "something". It's kind of acidic yet not standoffish. Is that a product of the cedar room aging? To those of you who know more about this kind of thing, what makes these cigars taste the way they do? And darnit, if I can't be getting these for much longer, does anyone have a recommendation of something similar in taste? Thank you in advance for your knowledge.
Andrew

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I'm not a very knowledgeable cigar guy, but does that cigar have a Sumatran wrapper? I hear that can give a tangy spice note to a cigar.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I was a cigar guy and I am looking towards the ones gifted to me. One of them has a very tight pinch on the end, looking old style. I have always loved that look.

Status
Not open for further replies.