PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
Does anyone know what this shape is called? 4 is the size group, 1 means a smooth transition from bit to shank, but what is 29? I have checked all the online Dunhill shape charts and it is not listed.

Here is a quick snapshot. Sorry I was not in the mood for lighting and tripod. Is this an Author? Then what is a similar shape with a thin shank called? See below

There was no number on this one, only a size 4. That makes it a quaint in Dunhillspeak. Is either an author?

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Foggy, there was some discussion about this shape a few days ago, might be some help:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/dunhill-shape-29

Aug 14, 2012
Thanks beef, I just saw Al's post on this shape. I guess it is an author. Great pipe. Smokes very well and feels good in the hand, + it is a looker. So what is the shape with a skinnier shank?

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Foggy, I asked a friend who is a big Dunhill collector, and has never steered me wrong on even the most esoteric Dunhill questions (and there have been some) his answer,
"The second one is a quaint, and as said in the thread it's a Banker variant but then again not really as it's a quaint"
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.