Drying tobacco in winter with (85% humidity)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

arabpipesmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2012
Hello all

It’s my fist winter since start pipe smoking and start facing this.

With temp of 18C and 85% humidity I figure that drying tobacco became a challenging for me where I losses every time.

Please advise me on the best technique to dry wet tobacco without losing or decreasing the flavor especially for aromatics.

I have seen few gents’ vids in YouTube using microwave where I haven't liked the idea of fast drying.

Thanks in advance

Wasim

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
What I do to dry tobacco thats a little damp is put it in a small open tin and set it on the cable box near the tv,as that box stays a little warm all the time. Depending how damp the tobac is, it can take 15 min too an hour to get it to were I like it. Hope this helps.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I smoke a lot of aeros and I plan ahead for most. I generally only smoke one aero blend at a time to try and get the most out of it. So what I do is put a lot (enough for four or five bowls) of it on a paper towel in my office at least a day in advance and leave it out. I generally only smoke 1 bowl a day. I smoke from it until it is either all gone or it has reached a dryness I prefer and jar it separate in its own jar. I am looking for a cheap desk lamp at Goodwill and thrift stores. One with a halogen bulb that gets really hot to try and speed the process up. I have found that some blends do lose flavor after being dried out but I am willing to deal with the less flavor in trade for a being able to get through a bowl with out gurgle. Because of all of this I am growing tired of aeros though and moving into VAs
I live in Houston so drying tobacco even in the summer can be a bit of a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.