PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed400

Lurker
Oct 4, 2017
I started smoking pipe tobacco recently for its room note. but i never get to smell it, is there any way i can smell it ?
does the room note change when the aromatic tobacco dries out for the captain black ?
why when i smoke pipe tobacco in my car it end up smelling like cigarette when i come back to smell it after an hour or so. I always smoke captain black

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Welcome to the forum ahmed400.
I started smoking pipe tobacco recently for its room note. but i never get to smell it, is there any way i can smell it ?
Get out of the room for 5 minutes or so, then return back. You can also try retrohaling, but don't overdo it.
does the room note change when the aromatic tobacco dries out for the captain black ?
If you think that the tin and room notes of a pipe tobacco should be the same, welcome to the club. Aromatic blends can be deceptive, meaning room note of an aromatic blend may give less aroma than its tin note. When you open a tin or pouch of an aromatic blend you feel like you will be smoking vanilla, apricots, lemons and orange. As soon as you light a bowl of it, you feel like your girlfriend is cheating on you, no lemon? Where did the oranges go? Besides, if you are a new smoker, it will take some time (some long time actually) for you to get all the flavors from your pipe tobacco. Regarding your question, it depends. What do you mean by saying "dried out"? Is it totally dried out? How long has it been in that state?
why when i smoke pipe tobacco in my car it end up smelling like cigarette when i come back to smell it after an hour or so.
After the chess game, the king and the pawn go into the same box. It is tobacco, that's how it smells when it becomes an ash. There are some types of blends however, that it's room note will subdue the cigarettish ash smell, heavy Latakia blends for instance.

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
Think he is trying to smoke so his room smells nice afterwards :) - I would give it a go with some good Virginia.

But if it is to subdue the cigarette smell - :crazy:
Anyway whatever the reason is ..... :clap: :clap: :worship:

quint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2017
When archeologists dig up an opened pouch of Captain Black 1,000 years from now, it will still be sopping wet. :laughat:

Status
Not open for further replies.