PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Does your cadence change when you've had one too many? I've had 3 Bad Juan's, listening to Souixsie and The Banshees, watching MLS, and am smoking much faster than usual.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Yup, gave myself some bad throat/sinus burn last time I smoked after drinking way too many. I was already coming down with something too - so at the time it was hard to tell if it was a natural symptom of being sick or from the massive pipe burning session the night before. This was fairly recently so I've been mindful since.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
It's been years since I lost control when drinking. Last time was in my late 20s. I can up my tempo with the pipe and deepen the draw if I am doing something strenuous. When I notice such, the pipe gets to sit on a stump or cool in the pocket.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Nah, I've been smoking so long, my smoking is tied to my breathing rhythm. Alcohol, though I haven't drank enough to be drunk in years, no longer affects my smoking cadence.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
You should try it sometime. It's fun.
What, having one too many? Pretty hard to do, you see, a few years ago I was quite ill and in terrible pain and I got used to drinking 50+ shots of whiskey a night (or morning?) mixed with something just to put myself to sleep a few hours. I'm fine now, and I drink much less but it's not likely I'll ever be "drunk" enough again to ever affect my cadence of anything. :puffy: Hell, hard liquor bare effects me now. I drink it like soda pop.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Whilst watching the finals of the Snooker Championships earlier in the year I found myself puffing away like the proverbial freight train :roll:
I find I smoke slowest when doing nothing other than just smoking and thinking.
Regards,
Jay.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Does your cadence change when you've had one too many? I've had 3 Bad Juan's, listening to Souixsie and The Banshees, watching MLS, and am smoking much faster than usual.
There's your problem: watching crap soccer. Switch to English Premier League and see how the game's played...

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

There's your problem: watching crap soccer. Switch to English Premier League and see how the game's played...
It's morning now, cadence has slowed, and Premier League is on the TV. I enjoy both leagues, but last night's MLS games were a hard watch with both playing to a 0-0 tie.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
"I don't know but I've been told,

Smoking pipes don't ever get old!
One two!
Three four!
Feels good!"
Seriously, I thought this is what you meant before I opened the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.