PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
My tobacco order arrived and I’ve begun with Drucquer & Sons Levant Mixture. I like this a lot. What’s your experience with it?

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
This is a blend I will reorder. I could be limited to Levant Mixture and be content. The flavors don’t clash. It’s a very harmonious blend.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I’ve still not had a D&S Blend. I dunno, I guess I just see them as an extension of GL Pease’s line of blends and he’s got plenty of Lat blends there and most aren’t to my liking, I never felt the need to go explore D&S but maybe one day I will.

garywwhite

Lurker
May 5, 2019
Hi there! I just got back into the hobby and was leaning on buying some Levant. I hear it is a really great tobacco and unfortunately I can only find it in 200 gram tins at this time. Going to buy 2 tins and see how I like it. I am usually a one blend guy if I find something I like. Is the nicotine pretty high in this blend?

elessar

Apr 24, 2019
I also like this blend (smoking it right now). When I bought it I was on the prowl for an enjoyable lat bomb blend. To my taste this is not a lat bomb but a strong lat blend. The orientals really come though for me and the sweetness from the Virginia's comes through nicely. It really is very nicely balanced, very satisfying. This morning I was smoking Rattrays Black Mallory and I would consider this similar in some ways. Black Mallory to me is darker and a bit sweeter. If you like Levant Mixture I would also suggest the Black Mallory if you can get a hold of it. I intend to keep both on hand.
I would say the nicotine hit on Levant Mixture is right around medium for me. Not too strong, but not light either.

stbruno70

Jul 9, 2013
By mere happenstance I was enjoying some Levant when I spied this thread.
It is very fine stuff. Yes, it sports a good portion of Latakia but is not a "lat bomb".
Levant comes in both 100 and 200 gramme tins.

Status
Not open for further replies.