PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
Hey everyone, so I just tried a sample of Drucquer & Sons Blairgowrie and was absolutely blown away. I looked for it online and only see it available at SP and it's out of stock there. Does anyone have any experience with this blender/blend? Does this stuff come up on occasion, or did I just break my own heart. again. Thanks.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Blairgowrie is my favorite of the Drucquer & Sons blends but they are all excellent. I expect that they will age with elegance.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
Well, I'm glad to hear it can be gotten. This one picked me up and swept me off my feet today. I've got a few bowls left in the sample I received, but this stuff is seriously amazing. Last time I felt like this was Frog Morton,and we know how that love story ends...

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
You can thank Greg Pease for that. He started at Drucquer back in the day. (Or nearly so. May not have been his first outing)

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
I thought it was good fresh, but not great. However I think all of the Drucquers blends will age magnificently.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
You can thank Greg Pease for that. He started at Drucquer back in the day. (Or nearly so. May not have been his first outing)
Figures. He is the man (Pease be upon him). I have yet to have a blend of his I didn't at least like. And a few are my absolute favorites. I mean, this Blairgowrie was mind blowing. I loved it from the charring light all the way to the end.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
So from mentioning my love for this blend I got a PM from @snowyowl who sent me a care package with a couple of ounces of this wonderful stuff as well as a sample of Doblone d'Oro which I have been wanting to try for quite a while now but have not yet gotten around to it. Thanks so much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.