Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
I have been asking quite a few members on here what they thought of Drexel. The really affordable pipe tobacco from STC that was made into the freebie on P&C. Well I can tell you that I just could not help myself but buy some and man am I glad I did. This was supposed to be my way into the non-aromatic realm pipe tobacco. A Helm's Deep or Mordor in J.R.R. Tolkiens world of pipe tobacco. Oh my, oh my, oh my. I am in love. I can see why so many of the Pipe Radio Show Podcast guest have longed for the VaPer. It is just so good that even the mediocre or cheap ones taste amazing. The wives may hate the smell but the guys are lining up for a slow smoke competition. I have tried this one in two different types of pipes(Ozarks and Pony Express) one cob one birch and I am transported to a world where work is not work, Pennywise is a kind tobacco dealer spreading happiness to all the blue collar, white collar, hell any color collar worker around saying "Hey Relax enjoy a bowl." All I can say that is if Sauron offered me this I would become a ring wraith just to have a cellar of VaPer. Pipe drop. Yea.

Jan 8, 2013
I did a bit of a mini review on the Drexel VIII here... http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/drexel-viii-the-goodie-bag-and-stanwell-authentic-15
I have to say, I've smoked it multiple times, folded and stuffed now and I'm quite happy with it. Just because it's in a pouch doesn't mean it's low quality. Drexel VIII really is a good tobacco. I would prefer if it were tinned though.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
It just didn't do it for me. It came extremely dry and I tried it dry and rehumidified. Dry was pretty flavorless and the moister attempts just were kind of blah. I'll jar it and come back to it in 6 months or so.

james72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
I just happened to receive my first pouch of this today (dated to September 2016 and pretty dry). Going to give it a whirl soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.