PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlamb63

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 20, 2013
Bethlehem
I just wanted to see if any of you out there in Pipe land have actually had a chance to give these blends a honest to goodness try, and if there is any feedback available on them? I haven't tried them yet and I want to see if it is even worth it. Mods, if this topic already exists, please do not hesitate to delete it or move it.

seanlamb63

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 20, 2013
Bethlehem
I've been eyeing up the 7th Avenue blend, that just sounds delightful. May just go out on a limb and pick up a tin.

Jul 11, 2013
I've been interested in trying them but no local B&M carries them. I also haven't found somewhere online with them in stock yet. Several of their cigars I don't care for but there are a couple I enjoy.

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
Waiting for someone to try them first.

If the blend sounds good then I will buy it.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Yesterday I placed an order on Smoking Pipes for Drew Estate Central Park Stroll and Harvest on the Hudson. Drew Estate is new to the site and I was feeling daring.

seanlamb63

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 20, 2013
Bethlehem
Well I just got three tins, the Harvest on the Hudson, 7th Ave Blonde, and Grand Central. I haven't had a chance to light them up as of yet, but I took a good whiff of all of them and they smell great; although the Harvest on the Hudson is very intense as far as the Tin note goes--one word, sour apples. The Grand Central has a really nice caramel tin note and the 7th ave Blonde has a nice vanilla and cream note. I'll light one of these up tonight and report back.

seanlamb63

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 20, 2013
Bethlehem
Ok, so I packed up my first pipe of the Harvest on the Hudson; it was the most unique as far as the tin note so I decided to start with it first. I have to say, I am impressed. I was a bit leery at first just because the tin note was so intense; smelling of sour apples and currants; thankfully though it does not carry over to the smoke itself. Pre-light you get a nice note of fresh apples and currants, then with the main light it continues, but as you keep smoking that becomes rather subdued and a nice vanilla and caramel note comes through. The room note is just outstanding and so far the folks around me in the office right now are digging it. I will report further on the others as I smoke them, and please feel free to weigh in on your thoughts as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.