PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Skeeter, Acid cigars are very specific (and I fully admit in public and for the World Wide Web that I like them). They are like the cigar equivalent of aromatic pipe tobacco. I have played around and found hat while not a complete match, the Dan Tobacco, Sweet Vanilla Honeydew, is similar in my wheel house. I smoke few aromatics, but I very much enjoy SVH and it fits that same niche as Acid cigars for me at least. YMMV.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
And more, the Acid cigars claim to fame is that they still taste like a cigar, like tobacco. That’s what I like about SVH, it is topped and has flavoring, but the Virginia tobacco still shines and is forward.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
I had this EXACT same thought yesterday. I told my buddy about pipe tobacco and he watched a video about Drew Estate Tobacco (which I told him doesn't exist any more). And then I thought to myself, is there a pipe tobacco with same notes as the ACID line (which I love as well)?
Npod, I trust your tobacco choices, as I have found I have similar tastes to yours. I think I might need to try the SVH sometime soon!
Looking forward to what others think about this as well!

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Npod, I trust your tobacco choices

That is a slippery slope. I am far from a tobacco reviewer. But I do love tobacco in many forms and I still maintain a good cigar humidor at home.
Keep in mind, SVH does not, in anyway shape or form, taste like an Acid cigar. However, I too was on a quest to find a similar pipe tobacco to this cigar blend and I find that SVH strikes a good "balance" of flavor/topping/casing while maintaining the Virginia tobacco forward flavor.
I also like Rattray - Exotic Orange (a.k.a. Exotic Passion) as well as Mac Baren - Modern Virginia Flake. Both have that balance in blending of flavoring/aromatic/casing like Acid cigars but stay true to the underlying tobaccos.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Years ago I worked on blending with an Acid One and failed. IMO the magic in the One is the sweetened wrapper and it didn’t translate to the pipe. 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.