PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
I was looking at pipes online and came across a Savinelli Bing's favorite pipe then I saw the price, and I moved on, but I was thinking to myself that would be my dream pipe. I was curious what some of your dream pipes were ? that 1 pipe you would spend almost anything on.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
My dream pipe would be any number of pipes from a handful of Danish makers.Jess Chonowitsch in particular. I actually owned another of my dream pipes. A beautiful Barling Quaint. Sadly, I have a really hard time justifying smoking really high grade pipes. I sold it for a handsome profit shortly after I found it in an estate group at a local B&M for....$100.00.
I do continue to dream though.
Mike S.

This is my dream pipe. I would smoke this twice a day, every day, and display it prominently on my bench while I work. Of course, I would want two, in case something happened to the first one.

Walt-Cannoy-Bamboo-Block-Meerschaum-Freehand-Dublin-Pipe_1863.jpg

By Walt Connoy

Jan 8, 2013
That's freaking easy... and I'm not kidding either! Especially the one on the right. One day, when I can afford it, one of these beauties will be mine :)
23m1qwy.jpg

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
I actually do own 1 of my dream pipes a Missouri Meerschaum MacArthur"Mac" Natural Straight Stem Corn Cob Pipe. I know it is not a fancy or high priced pipe, but as a history buff and just knowing about the man who smoked the original just interests me. I do smoke it every now and then, but not to often but when I do I enjoy every second of it.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014

Trever Talbert Halloween
Nice choices Anthony and Cosmic, those are both on my want list. Bulldog, price is irrelevant if it makes you happy. Nothing like a good cob.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
^^^ Daimyo you have some scary pipes. Very nice, but scary.

My dream pipe? How about Einsteins Churchwarden. Or Daniel Plainviews movie pipe from There will be blood.

I did make a replica of Plainviews pipe (the one he has on the movie poster) from an old Marxman author shape.

tppytel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2014
I can't say I have a single "dream pipe" that would eclipse all my others, but there are a few high end items on my bucket list...
1) A Dunhill DR-graded Root Billiard. It's the classic shape, from the classic English pipemaker. The DR */A's are sometimes still a little weak in the grain department, so I'd probably shoot for ** or *** (B/C). Any higher than that and I'd never dare to smoke the thing.
2) A Talbert Briar. Definitely not a Halloween pipe, because they're way too big and crazy for me. And not all of the regular Talbert Briars speak to me either. But Trevor has a great sense of style that I admire. Someday, just the right pipe will come up when I happen to have some money to burn, and I'll actually manage to catch it before someone else snags it.
3) A pre-trans Barling, just to see what all the fuss is about.
I don't make a big point of looking for any of these, and don't feel any great loss for not owning them yet. At some point, the time will be right.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
I love all the different types of pipes that have been mentioned so far. I know it's hard to pic just one and I know even my dream pipe will change.

Mar 1, 2014
I actually do own 1 of my dream pipes a Missouri Meerschaum MacArthur"Mac" Natural Straight Stem Corn Cob Pipe. I know it is not a fancy or high priced pipe, but as a history buff and just knowing about the man who smoked the original just interests me. I do smoke it every now and then, but not to often but when I do I enjoy every second of it.
Don't forget that October 20th is "MacArthur Returns" day, on that evening a few of us here will be smoking our Cobs.

Those ginormous things are some of my favourite pipes, on their own merits.
Right now my dream pipe is a saddle bit panelled billiard Ashton Sovereign.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
I was eyeing Bing's favorite too. I thought twice because of the price and the long stem. It is a beautiful pipe though.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Marty Pulver just sold an estate Sav Bing for $50. I just saw another one for $65 somewhere. I will look around for you.
For me, I have 3 of my dream pipes. A Peterson gold spigot, a Dunhill cavalier, and my Il Duca Morta.
Past that I am uncertain. I am still new enough to pipes that I fear some uber pipes value would be lost on me.
That said, I have seen a couple Joura King grades that rock. I linked a Konstantin Shekita That blew my mind the other day. I also would love a Rad Davis.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Pretty good choices above. Truth is, I have my dream pipes. If I never bought another one, I would be content. I still like the hunt for the fun of it, but whether I actually add any more is of no great consequence.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Someday, I will purchase a Ser Jacopo Hawkbill. Love the lines, but they're about 3x the price of anything I've justified so far... :D

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
minfarshaw i like the look of the long stem on that pipe.

sparks if you ever wanna donate 1 to me just let me know. :lol:

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
My dream pipe would be the perfect smoker, no matter what Tobacco I smoked in it. It should have an effortless draw, deep chamber, and be weightless to clench. Looking at it should give me a thrill each and every time, it's smooth and blasted textures drawing my hands over it's highly polished surfaces effortlessly...

Questing for a Rad Davis at the moment.

My favorite pipes consist of a Savinelli Bing and Neerup Basic bent Brandy for VaPer blends, a Peterson Grafton 999 bent bulldog and a Rattrays craggy root 60 bent pot for Virginias, and a 1932 or 34 Dunhill Shell billiard with a replacement stem that is close to perfect with MacBaren HH Latakia Flake. My best aromatic pipe is a 35 year old Dr. Grabow Viscount Author.

Dec 24, 2012
Peckinpahaja is always searching for his dream pipe.
The vicious, notwithstanding the sweetness of their words, and the honey on their tongues, have a whole storehouse of poison in their hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.