PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I received my Dr. Grabow Royalton from Amazon today. If you don't have one, you need to get one before they are all gone. This is beyond a doubt the best $30.00 pipe I ever purchased.

ddf75620.jpg

4c5fe3d3.jpg

Large bowl, light weight, lucite stem, smokes like a dream.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I have a Starfire that is a great flake pipe:

DrGrabowStarfire-1.jpg

As well as a 30 year old Viscount that is well worth the 20 bucks I paid for it:

140ae7cc.jpg

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I pulled the filter, heh heh. Put it in a cob that I was getting too much ash through.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I'd really like to get a smooth bulldog like yours to go with the rustic one I have.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Just ordered one!! Have an Omega and a Riviera that I just got for Christmas. Great smokers!! Can't wait for the Royalton to join the group!!!

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Heh rigmedic1 I've been singing the praises of this pipe, I just got the same one two days ago and it is a very good pipe, definitely the best Grabow I've owned.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I agree completely, it's a great pipe, comparable to my Petes and Savs. Who would have guessed?

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
I ordered a rustic Royalton when there was a thread saying they were going to stop making them in 2012.

The very first thing I noticed was no Dr G spade on it. how sad. But it smoked really nice right from the first bowl. Feels great in the hand, perhaps I'll hunt up a smooth one to go with it.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I ordered a rustic Royalton when there was a thread saying they were going to stop making them in 2012.

The very first thing I noticed was no Dr G spade on it. how sad. But it smoked really nice right from the first bowl. Feels great in the hand, perhaps I'll hunt up a smooth one to go with it.
That's because it bears the HLT shield stamp which is a DG stamp for that line of pipes.
That HLT Royalton stamp was used on the original Royaltons made back in the 40's-early 50's before Sparta decided to make a Dr. G. Royalton,which didn't come out until sometime in the 80's IIRC. Tom D. tells the story about the stamps used over at the DGCF.

Status
Not open for further replies.