PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
A few weeks back I was restoring a run of the mill Dr Grabow Omega when I decided to make it run of the mill. I beveled the damaged interior rim, re-drilled the draft hole, opened up the stem, and gave it a nice contrast stain.

The full article and more photos are HERE if you're interested in seeing more.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
@Gary

I like it Greg. I have several Omegas and I might do the same to a couple.

It was a fun project and certainly turned to "hum-drum" into something a bit snazzier!

@cosmicfolklore

Cool, I didn't realize that you were the Reborn Pipes guy. I've been subscribed to your blog for quite a while now. Good to know.

I'm not the guy, that's Steve; it is his blog. I, along with our own Al, are contributors there, however, adding what we can, when we can. But I'm glad you enjoy the blog even if I'm not the guy! :puffy:

purplemotoman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
Looks great Greg. I am also on Steve's blog as well. I always look forward to the blog and what you, Al, Steve and everyone else contributes.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I am also on Steve's blog as well.

I'm sorry I missed you, my friend. I was having a "blank brain" moment. And I enjoy your and everyone else's articles, too, and can hardly wait to see what new pipe or technique someone has come up with everytime a new article posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.